Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

I wanted to post back earlier regarding my comments about how VA does it. My question is are you talking about people who don't tag the deer at all or just the ones who don't send in their cards? If you are talking about people who don't tag their deer at all, there isn't much you can do about that. But for the people who do tag their deer and don't send their cards, the VA phone in system would def work. There is no physical tag you put on the deer but your license has 6 lines for deer tags and a notch to be cut off. you get 3 buck tags and 3 doe tags. The deer is not tagged until you call it in and get a confirmation number. You can not take a deer to the butcher with the number.This would solvethe problem for people who don't send in their tags. Now if you are talking aboutpeople that don't tag the deer at all and just shoot them and take them back to their house for butchering, then there really isn't anything you can do about that. Hope this helps!
Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

He got his Doe tag from Cameron Co. game warden checked the deer at camp, they must have checked the records in Harrisburg and his name didn't show up, I have no reason to lie about the story.
Didn't say you lied. If he lost a day to travel to Cameron Co. then I'll assume he appealed and asked for a hearing, since he could've just mailed the money to the magistrate for the citation?

This is one of the few cases most of us have heard about, since the "lost in the mail" excuse seems to be almost universally accepted now, per their decision to drop the DMAP reporting requirement.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm confused---(nothing new)--- I've checked both the DCNR and PGC websites, and can find no information on the dropping of the reporting requirements. When did this happen, and where was it published?? ( this for the DMAP license)
Old 02-17-2006, 11:31 AM

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=11&Q=167205

2nd bullet point under "Board Takes Other Actions" at the bottom.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, you're right---- there it is----Thanks.