Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Old 02-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Geez I just asked a simple question... touchy touchy
Old 02-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: patrkyhntr

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Not out yet. These guys count real slow and then they must fudge and put a twist on the numbers to make themselves look good and of course always right and smarter then the experienced Hunter. Do you really Know how many of them clowns actually hunt any amount of time.
Not the problem. The problem with the "fudge factor" is that guys who call themselves sportsmen don't send in their report cards and then want to blame the game commission for not having perfect statistics. There are clowns, cardeer, but you need to look closer to home to find them. Try a mirror. Do you send your reports in? Do you know other "sportsmen" who don't? If you don't or you know others who don't, you are part of the problem. For the record, I have sent in harvest reports on every deer I have taken since I started hunting in 1954. I guess J. K. Gramp said it best when he called the game commission "The Blame Commission."
If the PGC knew that all of these hunters were not sending in the cards why did they not fine them, IMO they never had that problem in the first place it was just another excuse for the slaughter.THEY COULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY ON THESE FINES why didn't they do it ???
Old 02-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: lost horn

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Not out yet. These guys count real slow and then they must fudge and put a twist on the numbers to make themselves look good and of course always right and smarter then the experienced Hunter. Do you really Know how many of them clowns actually hunt any amount of time.
Not the problem. The problem with the "fudge factor" is that guys who call themselves sportsmen don't send in their report cards and then want to blame the game commission for not having perfect statistics. There are clowns, cardeer, but you need to look closer to home to find them. Try a mirror. Do you send your reports in? Do you know other "sportsmen" who don't? If you don't or you know others who don't, you are part of the problem. For the record, I have sent in harvest reports on every deer I have taken since I started hunting in 1954. I guess J. K. Gramp said it best when he called the game commission "The Blame Commission."
If the PGC knew that all of these hunters were not sending in the cards why did they not fine them, IMO they never had that problem in the first place it was just another excuse for the slaughter.THEY COULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY ON THESE FINES why didn't they do it ???
I always sent in my harvest cards. I quit hunting deer in pa last year due to lack of property to hunt and lack of deer.Now I quess I will really upset you. I still buy a pa. license and in 5C unit 10 doe tags and never use them.All my neighbors do the same thing and plant food plots and post and patrol hopefully we can bring the heard back in ourarea. I live in the country and have seen a 70% decrease in deer in the past 4 years. I hunt west Virginia now. See lots of deer ,but NEVER shoot more then 1 deer out of a area or heard.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:58 PM

Do you really want to know? You aren't gonna like this answer. They can't fine them. All the jerkovski has to do is say, "I mailed it in, but it got lost in the mail." Check it out. It is sad but true. There isn't anyone to blame in this but the idiots who don't send their cards in. Sorry if that busts your bubble. If you want to do something about it, kill the lawyer that thought this excuse up.

Personally, I think the lowest animal in the food chain in this state is the idiot that won't send in his report cards. Lower than pond scum IMO.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

Do you really want to know? You aren't gonna like this answer. They can't fine them. All the jerkovski has to do is say, "I mailed it in, but it got lost in the mail." Check it out. It is sad but true. There isn't anyone to blame in this but the idiots who don't send their cards in. Sorry if that busts your bubble. If you want to do something about it, kill the lawyer that thought this excuse up.

Personally, I think the lowest animal in the food chain in this state is the idiot that won't send in his report cards. Lower than pond scum IMO.
That is not true, my son had to make a trip from Lancaster Co. to Cameron Co. to pay a fine for not sending a card in, he said he sent it in but they said they didn't get it, it cost him a days work and a lot of gas money, if they would do this to more hunters they would send in the card or take it to Harrisburg.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

If the citation was for not sendingthe report card to Harrisburg as required by regulation, why would he have to go from Lancaster to Cameron County to handle it?

The only way any officer would know that a card wasn't sent in, is if they checked the taggeddeer at a butcher shop, at acampor during a field check. Care to elaborate on this one, because it makes no sense.

The PGC has now dropped the requirement that DMAP "reports" be sent back in order to get a DMAP tag in the following season for the same reason: lack of compliance by hunters.

How much of a sacrifice does it take to spend three minutes to fill out a postage-paid postcard and drop it in the mail?
Old 02-15-2006, 07:16 PM

How much of a sacrifice does it take to spend three minutes to fill out a postage-paid postcard and drop it in the mail?
Evidently more than it requires to complain on internet message boards.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DennyF

If the citation was for not sendingthe report card to Harrisburg as required by regulation, why would he have to go from Lancaster to Cameron County to handle it?

The only way any officer would know that a card wasn't sent in, is if they checked the taggeddeer at a butcher shop, at acampor during a field check. Care to elaborate on this one, because it makes no sense.

The PGC has now dropped the requirement that DMAP "reports" be sent back in order to get a DMAP tag in the following season for the same reason: lack of compliance by hunters.

He got his Doe tag from Cameron Co. game warden checked the deer at camp, they must have checked the records in Harrisburg and his name didn't show up, I have no reason to lie about the story.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

again i dont think the people that are "complaining"on the internet are the ones not sending in the cards.
paturkhntr- please dont take this the wrong way, but your buck you got this year is that 2 1/2 yr old, im sure its a great buck but i was wondering what you thought the age of that buck was. from the angle looks pretty young

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

Evidently more than it requires to complain on internet message boards.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 AM

I certainly take no offense at your question. I aged the buck in the photo by tooth succession and you are correct PA Gobbler. He was an eight-point and was 1.5 years old. I think this indicates that where I hunt, the deer are reaching their genetic potential and that they obviously have enough food to do so. I shot this buck on the Thursday of the second week of rifle season. During the first week, I held out for one of the ten-points I saw during early seasons, but they must have crawled under a rock and pulled the rock in after them (LOL). I guess a buck doesn't get to be three or four years old without getting a PhD in hunter avoidance, does he. When this guy walked past my rock, I made a decision to harvest him. I guess some might have passed him up, but I didn't. This is the second year in a row that I waited until Thursday of the second week to take a buck. There must be something magic about the second Thursday.

For the record, I am not an alpha hunter, and I hope I am not coming across like one. I am not a great hunter, but I am persistent. I stick it out longer than most do and sometimes get rewarded.

My point on the "complainers" is that they are blaming the game commission for having less than perfect harvest data when they should put the blame where it belongs. It is the slobs that refuse to send in report cards that make it necessary for them to use the system they use. Still, I understand that we have to blame someone. Isn't that the American way?

Quick Reply: Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.