Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Shotgun Season - JAN

Old 01-14-2006, 09:43 PM

Default DE Shotgun Season - JAN

Man it was blowing this afternoon! I was holding on to the tree real tight a couple times. Got hit in the legsby a falling branch. No pain, just shocked. Not suprised that no deer moved. Saw no other deer hunters out. (they were smarter than I) MLK day looks calmer. I'll be out then.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DE Shotgun Season - JAN

I didnt hunt but rode around chasing geese off the wheat, went back to a farm we till on Eagles Nest Landing rd, have to unlock a gate and get to the farm and deer where everywhere, but this is the farm that has over a hundred or 150 deer on it 335 acres and the owner wont let anyone hunt it.. saw at least one nice buck... and chased off 2 flocks of snow geese.....
Old 01-15-2006, 08:31 PM

Despite the wind and rain I was able to come home with 2 doe. I believe that I was lucky enough to see these 2 why not take em' down. While I was gutting the second one a tree that wasn't huge but big enough to hurt fell about 10 yards from me. That pushed me to hurry up.....lol. Everyone says I'm crazy for hunting in fowl weather. I killed the biggest buck of my life so far last year in a downpour. Fowl weather doesn't bother me too much.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ron, pick me up next time you do that. Firststate it would have been nice to have those 2 deer entered into that 600 deer study going on right now. Congrats on the double.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:59 AM

it would have been nice to have those 2 deer entered into that 600 deer study going on right now.
I was thinking the same thing....
Old 01-16-2006, 06:09 PM

All was quiet tonight. If anyone shot within 3 miles of me I would have heard it because it was so calm. Not a shot heard. I tell you, my private land is worse than public land people wise. No tresspassing mind you, just alot of activity. The people to the west were out in force today. I've been hunting this property for 10 years now and I've NEVER seen them out past Nov Shotgun. Whats more annoying is they have must have over 100 acres and they line up with stands 10 yds from our property line. I know its there land so they can do whatever they want, but geez! And to top that off, the farm to the east decided to put up a duck blind over a sink hole in their field and they were out blasting away. One of the duck hunters (a kid) comes walking over to our property line and takes a sh@t about 30 yds from one of our stands. One day he'll learn the hard way its not wise to wander into think cover in full camo, drop trough and start waving white toilet paper around during deer season.

Sorry for the rant. Just a little frustrating to be dealing with this late in the season when Im used to being the only dude out and about. [:@][:'(][>:]
Old 01-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Tomorrow doesnt look good weather wise. I cant believe I have to dig out the bug spray and the light coveralls to hunt on Jan 21st! Oh well, with just 10 days left, I aint stayin home!

Good Luck all!
Old 01-21-2006, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went down to Milton , last evening , the first time at that venue this year, a few does came out into the field right at dark, maybe 15 or 16 and played, just about the time I was getting out of the stand , wasnt really interested in anything out there. The reason we went down , my buddy got a nice 8 ot there Monday , so 3 of us decided to go, the other guy saw a small doe and a turkey. They both work at Lums Pond so we talked about the big one that someone got up there last Nov.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:58 AM

I think I'm changing my mind. Its not the heat, but now they are calling for gale force winds this afternoon. Just like last weekend. I aint hanging on to the tree for dear life just to see nothing. Ive never even seen a deer move in our area if the wind blows harder than 20 kts. Some people kill them in wind, but we dont. Probably go goose hunting instead.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:31 PM

Well, the wind died down to nothing from 3:45 til dark but Im glad we went goose hunting instead. Got 4 in 40 mins. Didnt hear any shooting that sounded like deer hunters. It was just way too warm.

Quick Reply: DE Shotgun Season - JAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.