Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

topo maps software. worth it?

Old 10-14-2002, 02:03 PM

Default topo maps software. worth it?

Hey all, I was curious if anyone has invested in any of the topographical map software,and how it has worked for you. I see some of them have 3D maps. how do they look when you print them? thanks for the imput. Blacky
Old 10-14-2002, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: topo maps software. worth it?

I have been using the National Geo Northeast topo series for a while now. Our group hunts the Adirondacks and Sterling Forest areas and we like to hunt a new area each year so the maps have been a great value to us. We are all on GPS as well and mark all the sign then download the info back at camp and look for concentrations or patterns. The new software allows link with all the gps units out there and info can be transfered back and forth easily. Once the data is there print out what you need and everybody has an accurate picture of what is going on. Check e-bay for deals on the maps, got mine for 1/2 of retail.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:05 AM

Default RE: topo maps software. worth it?

www.maptech.com

Jerry
DE Duck Hunter