Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Blaze Orange Bill

Old 12-23-2005, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Blaze Orange Bill

Now you add in the guy with the brown carharts or camo moving through the land he shouldn't be on. He sees you in your blaze orange and is trying to sneak around you

Law or no, I doubt this guywill everbe wearing BO. Few criminals go out of their way to make it easier for you to spot them.
Check my earlier post - out of the hundreds of legal hunters I saw this year in gun season, EVERYONE of them was wearing some BO. And as I and others have pointed out and many ignore this point, NY states voluntary rate of compliance is higher than most states rate where mandatory.

With these 2 points in mind, I wish someone could tell me who a new law will effect? Not the tresspasser and not the overwhelming majority who choose commen sense. Who's left?
Old 12-23-2005, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow - well said and truthful, that was sort of my original point

[quote]ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

tell me who a new law will effect?
like Bow says, maybe it will help "protect" law abiding hunters that may, inadvertantly shoot someone that isn't wearing BO- those that are beyond the target (not those mistaken for a deer - to me there is no excuse for that happeniong) and not easily visible without BO. Could protect them from frivaless law suits.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

touche...good point Steve.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:39 AM

Anyone know the status of this bill?

Other than that I heard this bill was introduced, I haven't heard anything since.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: djgj200

Anyone know the status of this bill?

Other than that I heard this bill was introduced, I haven't heard anything since.

It was in yesturdays paper in the sporting goods page. Didn`t say it got any further.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:47 PM

thanks. can't wait until this is finalized, so i know what to expect this year. the suspense is getting to me. with the different wording, it seems like there is confidence in this bill but in the past Pataki has vetoed all BO bills.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

The one in yesturdays paper limits theorange to deer and bear with shotgun or rifle only. not bow,turkey,small game or waterfowl. If I find the article online I`ll ppost it.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:33 PM

Yeah, I know. The other ones included those and Pataki vetoed them. That is why I would like to know the status. I want to see what Pataki's reaction is to the slightly different wording.

I saw the wording of the bill and it said shotgun and rifle. Would a BP rifle fall into that? I would say yes because it says it in the name, but its not what you consider just a rifle that shoots cartridges.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Found the link on line.

http://www.syracuse.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1137231389228230.xml?syrspdout

If you mean BP as in muzzleloader they are not included in the rifle or shotgun
Old 01-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

either way I don't care -

FH

Quick Reply: NY Blaze Orange Bill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.