Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

Old 12-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

So if you or anybody else makes the argument thatthey are lying and they did realeasethem, unless you have some proofthen you are just another conspriracy buff propagating another conspriacy theory.
Your saying the officer is a liar though right? His word against the NYDEC but because the NYDEC said on a website its gospel. OH I get it now. Thanks for the fun!
Old 12-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why is the DEC your proof?
Proof of what? We are talking about what makes a conpiracy theory. You asked if the police officer was starting it. It should be ovious to you but let me explain it again. The agency accused of releasing and lying about releasing coyotes into the environment is the DEC. They clearly say they didn't. BY DEFINITION OF THE TERM, if ANYBODY makes an accusation like this and doesn't haveevidence to back up the accusation they are propagating a conspiracy theory. How much simpler can it be? The police officer is accusing the DEC. I don't have to be much of an authority to understand the english language well enough to undertand this. It makes no difference who is making the acusation. When YOU make an acusationYOU provide evidence of its merit, otherwise you're just spewing hot air.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your saying the officer is a liar though right?
How on earth did you derive that from ...."So if you or anybody else makes the argument thatthey are lying and they did realeasethem, unless you have some proofthen you are just another conspriracy buff propagating another conspriacy theory."

A conspiracy theory is an unsubstantiated claim that a bunch of people are hiding the truth about something. Generally an illegal act. It could possibly be true but the way most intelligent people think, some evidence is required before such a claim is regarded with any seriousness.

BTW, I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just pointing out that you guys who ARE trying to prove something need some verifiable evidence or you're just going to be laughed at.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:59 PM

quote:

So if you or anybody else makes the argument thatthey are lying and they did realeasethem, unless you have some proofthen you are just another conspriracy buff propagating another conspriacy theory.

Quite true. Unfortunately for you, it isn't my duty to prove that your coyote conspiracy is a falsehood. It is the duty of the person making the charges to prove them true. To do so, you must supply the officer's name, rank, and a method of contacting him to verify that what you say he said is actually what he said. Note, I am not calling the officer a liar. If there is one, finding out what he actually said will disclose that person. So far, nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor has been put forward. It has no date, time, place, names, or anything factual attached to it. Do this and I might start to give you conspiracy buffs some credence. Until then, you are just another conspriracy buff propagating another conspriacy theory. Sorry, but that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:57 PM

These last couple posts illustrates well why we cant have intelligent debate in here! Sure, lets go right into the DEC records for proof they DIDNT release coyotes. Uh, right-o. Im not pointing fingers to any one person, its just the general mood of these threads lately. I guess maybe if we all happened to know each other personally, we might not "talk" to each other quite the same way. Oh well, hey Im not offended if you guys arent!
Old 12-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sure, lets go right into the DEC records for proof they DIDNT release coyotes. Uh, right-o.
Ya see this is where you guys just don't get it! The DEC doesn't have to prove they DIDN'T release any coyotes. They are the ones ACCUSED ofthe deedand it is the ACUSER'S repsonsibility to prove the acusation not the ACCUSED's responsibility to prove they are incocent of the accusation. What country were you guys brought up in? You are actually arguing that it is logical tohear some story and unless the story can be proved false then it most be true. That's absolutely illogical not to mention ridiculous! You see this is a major reason you are being laughed at! Anybody with common sense simply chuckles at your reasoning.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:31 PM

Sylvan, I might have read you wrong...you DO know I was saying that facetiously, like of COURSE theres no records for what DIDNT happen...right? Just checkin'. Gotta run now, I have to go read your bigfoot post...
Old 12-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sylvan, I might have read you wrong...you DO know I was saying that facetiously, like of COURSE theres no records for what DIDNT happen...right? Just checkin'. Gotta run now, I have to go read your bigfoot post...
Sorry Bill, I didn't realize it. I should have though based on your other posts. I didn't notice the name when I responded and just assumedyours was another conspiracy type post with the prove it wrong attitude. Sorry about that...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Remember HIS WORDS NOT MINE Noone is spreading propaganda or BS like you want to lable
If no one is spreading bs, why is this thread even on here? Of course its BS, no realeased coyotes, no released cougars, no such thing as bigfoot...
Old 12-18-2005, 05:42 PM

I placed this original post to illustrate the small town mentality that coyotes were released by the DEC. I did not list the person name because this is a public forum. After reading the Olean Times Herald article again, it was the Chief of Police of Portville, NY who stated the coyotes were released by the DEC. Does he know something we don't know? I don't know, but, now that it has been published in a small town newspaper, this is how rumours are spread. People will say, it was inthe paper so it must be true. Afterall, the Chief of Police stated it. I remember about 30 years ago people hearing of "coydogs" and coyotes near Syracuse, NY. Ten years later, an article was in the Olean Times Herald of some hunters killing a few coyotes in Farmersville, a village about 30 miles North of Portville and several miles South of Syracuse. A few years later from there, people started seeing a few coyotes near Olean/Portville...Based onthis, my theory is that the coyotes migrated South fromthe Andirondacksabout 30 years ago.

Quick Reply: Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.