Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

Old 12-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

Do you really think there is a parallel here? The PGC announced their plans publically for years before they did it. There were hearings and environmental impact studies.
Charlie, probably not the best choice for comparison, but I don't think that in 1913 the PGC was doing environmental impact studies. I feel that sometimes the PGC and other bodies of game managment listen to people who learned everything from a classroom or a book and call them an expert and discredit the guys who have spent 50 years or more in the woods and brush them aside and say we have no idea what we're talking about. Why do the so called experts get to make all the decisions for us when we haven't elected any of them? Most were appointed by people we don't trust to begin with. Politicians. A little off the subject , but will maybe help you and others understand the point of some of these "conspiracy" posts.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

were the gobies and the zebra mussels tattooed?
Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I'm asking is if you know 100%and have hard facts to disprove some of the conspiracy theories as you call them? If not then you have no right to insult others who are asking these questions.
I didn't invent the term. If you're makingthe unsubstantiated claim that the government is lying and covering up the fact that they secretly intruoduced coyotesand/or ML's into the environment you are BY DEFINITION of the term a conspiracy theorist.And you've got it backwards, like all conspiracy theorists do, in that it is not ANYBODY's obligation to proove the theory wrong. IfYOU are making the claim then YOU provide proof the claim has merit, otherwise you are just spewing BS just like all the other conspiracy theorists. As far as making fun, you better get used to it because when you jump in bed with the conspiracy theory nut cases you're going to get labeled a nut case just like the rest of them. Now I'm not making fun of you now, I'm just telling you the facts of the situation you place yourself in.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

A little off the subject , but will maybe help you and others understand the point of some of these "conspiracy" posts.
All you need to do is produce some evidence of the conspiracy and you will be taken seriously. Until you do be prepaired for ridicule. If there were evidence it's likely that a whole lot of people would be loosing their jobs and some might even wind up in jail. Illegally introducing a species into the wild is a pretty serious crime and just about any prosecuter would just love to jump into a government conspiracy case if he thought there was any merit to it. It would make him famous!
Old 12-16-2005, 07:03 PM

Remember watching "Dragnet" on tv?? The guy used to say "JUST THE FACTS JOE, JUST THE FACTS"... Show me the facts.... show me the proof... and then I will believe, not until.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

If I understand it correctly, even if the DEC did release the coyotes to kill diseased rabbits, the tulemaria (spelling is always different on this one) is blood-borne, and would have been passed from the bunny to the yote. Thus it would not have made biological-sense to do so from the DEC point of view.

I think humans can even get it.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Fight4yourguns, you may want to reread these posts. I was NOT the one who called anyone names or ridiculed the original poster. I was, however, the one who DID say I am not going to "shoot the messenger".

Also, its pretty simple to argue by the rules. We dont need to offer proof something DIDNT happen, it goes the other way around. I gave a pretty sound argument as to why this didnt happen. Prove ME wrong with the whole time period we all missed when this was all public, because it always is, thats just policy. Heck they even had pamphlets out outlining purple leafstrife control! If they did it, theres records.

Look, if you simply choose to disagree, Im ok with that. We sure dont agree so far. But it does make for some fun debate in there forums. Next topic, blue spruce rust, epidemic, or just an isolated case?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Host of Hosts

Bill, I'm not jumping on you at all. I think you understand what I'm getting at a little better than the other guys who just want to poke fun. I don't care if you want to lable me whatever you want that just exposes the character of those who do it. I'm obviously not making myself clear. I said in a few of my posts that I don't necessarily believe these things are going on. I do believe though that people who ask questions about where, when and how, have every right to. Maybe in the back of my mind I get some of the mistrust from the PGc over the doe kill issues in Pa. I'm maybe lumping that in with my thought process and not spelling things out just as I'd like to. Basically I'm going off of what the original post said for my observation. Why did the officer say what he said? There must be a reason he used those words.

A quote from a police chief or Officer stated that the coyotes were released in 1983 to rid the area of diseased rabbits.
Was he the original "Conspiracy Theorist"? If he is a officer of the law or of conservation why is he discredited in your minds and you choose to believe other officials? See what I'm getting at? Why does his statement not count for something? Did he just make that up in an interview?
Old 12-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why does his statement not count for something? Did he just make that up in an interview?
It doesn't count because the official position of the NYDEC is publically stated on their website and they CLEARLY say they NEVER released coyotes or ML's in New York. There is nothing to argue about. Go to the website and look it up for yourself. It's public information. Makes no difference what some police officer said. The New York Department of Environmental Conservation (the people accused of releasing them) say they never did. So if you or anybody else makes the argument thatthey are lying and they did realeasethem, unless you have some proofthen you are just another conspriracy buff propagating another conspriacy theory. And yes that goes for the police chief too! If he's accusing the DEC of lying about it then he better have some proof or he is just full of BS.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Host of Hosts

Sylvan! Do you read the posts or just pretend that your the authority here. I said Why doesn't it matter what he said? Why is the DEC your proof? Because they have a website? Did the officer just take the info he sputtered out of thin air? What made him say a date and a reason why they were release. Remember HIS WORDS NOT MINE Noone is spreading propaganda or BS like you want to lable , but asking YOU why one authority is your source of info and you discredit another? Please enlighten us. I never knew anyone who had all the answers like you do.

Quick Reply: Released Coyotes in NY in 1983

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.