Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

I am one to say there are a few. Damned few. I think that alot of rumors are started by guys that deperately wantto be the one to break the story. I am just waiting patiently for the big "real" find.
The sightings are probably of the same few. I truly do not think that there are reproducing populations, yet.
I read an article from a cougar expert that predicts a sustaining population east of the mississippi within 20 years.
Could these be released pets? Possibly, I don't know. I admit that much
Old 12-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

livbucks, it is NEVER possible to proove somethingDOESN'T exist. You can always make the argument that you just didn't look in the right place or come up with some crazy scenario that leaves open the possibility. It is ALWAYS possible to prove something DOES exist. This is why logical people put the responsibility or burden of proof on the person making the claim that something exists. The saying is, "you can't proove a negative". Prooving a negative is always what the conspiracy theorists and the big foot people, and the lock ness moster, ogopogo, space aliens, crop circles and on and on and on, all ultimately challenge others to do. Proove it isn't so or proove it isn't possible. As far as they are concerned, it's true until proven false. Well no, that's not how intelligent people do things. You claim mountain lions are in PA, you supply the proof. Until you do, I have no logical reason to believe you.

Can you imagine if science worked this way. O.K. I've discovered a new element. I'm going to call it Sylvanium. It's very rare and it destroys itself if there are any negative thoughts in its vacinity. Me and a few of my associates have seen it a few times and we want you all to accept our testimony as proof and add Sylvaniumto the periodic table. You should all do this unless you can show us that we have made a mistake and Sylvanium just doesn't exist anywhere.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was one. Simple as that.
It was seen many times.
It left lots of evidence in the snow.
The news and GC were all over it.
Where did it come from, where did it go? ....Who knows?
Was it a "pet"? ....Who knows?
You shouldn't call people liars.
Even when the proof comes out, some guys will stand stout and doubt.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

You shouldn't call people liars.
I didn't call you or anybody else a liar. I said I have no logical reason to believe you.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:51 AM

Some people I know who should know a mountain lion when they see one claim to have seen one in Franklin County. I am not calling them liars. I've said this before and I will say it again. With so many trigger-happy idiots calling themselves hunters, if there was one mountain lion in this state it would be a dead one. Also, we kill twenty thousand deer with cars on our roads. Why hasn't a mountain lion been hit? Show me a dead mountain lion and all of my doubts will disappear.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you saying that the GC and the residents and the news crews
were all wrong?
Who gives a damn if you believe me or not anyway?

Old 12-13-2005, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: patrkyhntr

Some people I know who should know a mountain lion when they see one claim to have seen one in Franklin County. I am not calling them liars. I've said this before and I will say it again. With so many trigger-happy idiots calling themselves hunters, if there was one mountain lion in this state it would be a dead one. Also, we kill twenty thousand deer with cars on our roads. Why hasn't a mountain lion been hit? Show me a dead mountain lion and all of my doubts will disappear.
The odds of one getting killed by a car AND recovered is miniscule if there only a handful in the entire state. Add to that the odds of someone hitting it and then stopping to get out and leave the road to find it. The odds, my friend, is that if one was hit, the driver would keep on going. Only if the cat was laying in the road would it be recovered.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who gives a damn if you believe me or not anyway?
Apparently you do or you wouldn't be on here arguing so animately about it!

Look, all the reputable sources will tell you there is no verifiable evidence that mountain lions exist in PA. If you have verifiable evidence, simply take it to them and they will surely announce the proof that we have the big cats on our hills. I'll anxiously await the reports! Until then, you can have fun telling the stories but that's all it is. Stories...

Have a great day!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not arguing. I stated a fact that a cougar was in the Pittsburgh area awhile back. It was investigated by the GC. They used the "pet" excuse.
It moved on, that was that.
I said there are a few around and that IS a fact.
Are they "pets"? .....could be, I don't know.
You chose to make a blanket statement that there was not a cougar in the Pittsburgh area. Despite witnesses and evidence.
That is your choice.
I then stated my opinion as to cougars in PA.
That is my choice.
You sir, engaged me by saying that you didn't believe me.
I said "who cares..."
Old 12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

You chose to make a blanket statement that there was not a cougar in the Pittsburgh area.
What are you smoking? I made no comment whatsoever regarding this.

I stated a fact that a cougar was in the Pittsburgh area awhile back. It was investigated by the GC. They used the "pet" excuse.
Why does the GC say there is not verifiable evidence for cougars in PA? AGAIN, why don't you take your evidence to the PGC. Is this where we get into the conspriacy theory?

You sir, engaged me by saying that you didn't believe me.
I said I have "no logical reason to believe you".

I said "who cares..."
I said YOU DO! Toe may toe, toe ma toe...

Quick Reply: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.