Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Old 12-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

You guys are hilarious.Like talking to a brick wall.All the knowledge in the world derived directly via the almighty Web.Like to know where that lion in Delaware escaped from. Nobody ever proved it was an escaped captive pet.
That was only an assumption made and put in print.They never proved there were even 2 cougars unless you guys can google that to make a 100% confirmation.I don't recall any proof to the contrary but I could be out of touch.

I concede - there are no cougars in PA and ridiculous to even think such a ridiculous thing.They would never migrate to or even survive in such a populated state with all those roads and such.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

The tracker was a New Castle County police officer who has hunted cougars out west and the night he saw it in a developement North of Wilm , hewas walking and left his tranq gun in his vehicle when it was about a hundred ft in front of him, he thought he was going to get fired over that episode. I think I had one run out in front of me one night on the South side of Summit Bridge chasing a rabbit. 1 had been sighted at Lums Pond a few years ago and 1 sighted and photo'd in the woods where I wak every day in Townsend..., and 1 not far from the Christiana Mall near Newark, DE not very far from a major highway....
Old 12-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

An assumption made in print.
I read the interview with the officer the ML was walking around neighborhoods does this sound like as you said.
One of the most elusive animals in nature.
I've heard of them coming down into neighborhoods in the West,but that was only during droughts. I really don't think a totally wild Mountain lion that usually will do what it can to avoid humans would all the sudden start invading neighborhoods unless it was sick or couldn't find game or water. However the authorities said they had no reports of livestock or pets getting killed.

Like to know where that lion in Delaware escaped from
Is that a question or are you saying you know where that Cougar came from?

You guys are hilarious
Your good for some comic relief your self.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats your point CP.Who cares its a dead horse.

Old 12-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

My point is AJ that I don't believe that Cougars are migrating into pa there might be a releasedCougar running around but I would like to see some proof.

To get back on topic. This rumor about a cougar having a State farm insurance tatoo on it is crazy.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course it wasn't State Farm - it was that lizard from Geico
Old 12-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

AFLAC
Old 12-16-2005, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: AJ52

Whats your point CP.Who cares its a dead horse.

I am still laughing my butt off on this Matt. Thats a classic!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:43 PM

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5516579/detail.html#
Old 12-17-2005, 03:08 AM

Looks like my tabby Aloisious. Sure it is a cat-like creature. No question in my mind.

Quick Reply: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.