Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Deer Checking Problems

Old 12-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Maryland Deer Checking Problems

A Natural Resources Police officer came knocking on my door today. He said that there was no record that I had checked in the deer that I killed on opening day of firearms season. I gave him the confirmation numbers and he seemed satisfied. He said that there were numerous bugs with the on-line reporting. I told him that I had done mine over the phone and he said that he thought all of the bugs had been worked out with telephone reporting.

Don't be surprised if you get an unexpected visit from a NRP officer this year.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maryland Deer Checking Problems

If there was no record you killed it, how did he know you got one?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

Glad it worked out Steve. I have to admit, this new online and check-in via phone is a pretty crappy idea. I know they say they are saving money by not having "check-in stations," but I feel as though people can cheat the system even more now. It seems every year, the state of Maryland changes one rule that screws everything up.[:@]
Old 12-02-2005, 11:19 PM

yea how he know you got one
Old 12-02-2005, 11:21 PM

maybe its a law if you got liscenseyou have to get a deer lol

GodBless and safe travels
Old 12-03-2005, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

The new system is really assinine. Nothing at all is in place to stop people from making false claims of doeharvest in order to shoot another buck. It takes away from the station as people would buy thier goods (food and drink etc) while there. Now on top of all the flaws they have officers tracking down bugs in the system when they could be doing more important things[&:]. I wonder how many other doors they went to and where they get thier info to go knocking in the first place.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

He knew because I was hunting on state land that required a permit. Upon leaving the property hunters deposit their permits, with the number of deer taken indicated on the permit,in a box. He just looked me up in their data base and did not see any deer checked in because somehow it was not recorded by the new system.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

If there was no record you killed it, how did he know you got one?
big brother is watching
Old 12-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mdbohuntr

The new system is really assinine. Nothing at all is in place to stop people from making false claims of doeharvest in order to shoot another buck.
If I may, post my opposing view to your comment mdbo......
my opinion is honest people are going to follow the rules no matter what. dishonest people will not follow the rules no matter what. To me poachers will continue to hunt illegally whether us honest guys are going to a checkin staition or calling on the phone. they will take 3,4,5 bucks a year reguardless, (trust me I know guys that do it). To me they made it easier for us honest guys to check our deer in. just my .02 worth, and I LOVE online checkins!!!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 11:30 AM

I agree with the above post. I know guys who shot more than their limit of bucks and never checked them in unless they shot a wall hanger.

Quick Reply: Maryland Deer Checking Problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.