Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Deer Checking Problems

Old 12-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maryland Deer Checking Problems

I liked the checking station too. Sure it's been pretty easy to sit here and check in my deer, but I kinda liked seeing what other hunters harvested and getting an accurate weight of my deer. I know there's more than a few "hunters" killing bucks and then "checking in" does on the online method. A checking station may not be perfect, but it certainly helps to keep you honest if you kill a buck .. . and check it in.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Maryland Deer Checking Problems

ORIGINAL: DaveH

I liked the checking station too. Sure it's been pretty easy to sit here and check in my deer, but I kinda liked seeing what other hunters harvested and getting an accurate weight of my deer. I know there's more than a few "hunters" killing bucks and then "checking in" does on the online method. A checking station may not be perfect, but it certainly helps to keep you honest if you kill a buck .. . and check it in.
I guess thats all we can do, is hope that people remain fairly honest. I too like seeing what other hunters were bringing in to the stations. We ran into a guy last night at BassPro who made it blatently clear that he shoots deer and doesn't check them in. Something along the lines of "and now since we do it on the phone... i can shoot as many as i want... know what i mean." Oh well... I guess all I can do is shake my head at people like that.