Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Deer Checking Problems

Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Maryland Deer Checking Problems

Mossy, I agree with you wholehardly, I just didn't use the words honest and dishonest. I just took it for granted each would know what catagory they fell in.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: badman

maybe its a law if you got liscenseyou have to get a deer lol

GodBless and safe travels
I sure hope not cause last year i got jack chit[:@]
Old 12-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

I know that this is the first year with md doing this and no check stations. alot of the owners that are check stations are not happy because of the business they will lose. here in VA, they have both, phone and check stations. I do miss taking the deer in, but when it the stations close, it is nice to have the ability to call it in. the phone system here works well.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 AM

I had the same reservations that Md has in the beginning when DE went with an online/phone check in. But I agree with others that said, if people we're law breakers before, they still will be now. I dont think people who honestly harvested deer and checked them in before, will now turn into cheats.

I love DE system now. If you track a deer down at 8:30pm in Sept and every check in station is closed, no problem. Hunt a long day and get one at the very end. Dont feellike going out of your way to check a deer in, no problem. Take the deer home, hop online and done in a couple mins. Cant beat it!
Old 12-05-2005, 11:16 AM

With the new check in system for md, deer harvest #'s can be tallied up and posted quickly. There is absolutely no major overstatement of harvests going on as far as the #'s show. Before season started many many folks were saying how the kill #'s.especially does would be way up because of folks checking in phantom deer. The harvest #'s are down this year. The only quirk I know of is people complaining that when checking in deer the system wont recoginize their license # as valid.

The directions tell you NOT to include the letter L in your # when checking in deer,yet people who refuse to listen to clear details still try and put in the L.........
Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, when I checked in my deer everything went just fine. It was after the check in and the DNR did not have a record when they looked me up in the data base. The same thing could happen when they check at a butchers shop and run confirmation numbers against names and find a discrepancy. I am in favor of the new system. I did have a NRP officer tell me that there were problems with the on-line version. Two other officers told my buddy the same thing when they checked him on the side of the road. By next year it should all be running smoothly.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

the only other negative thing about MD going online that I have heard is a friend of my fathers only rifle hunts and he went online to buy his license, apparently there is a 10 day wait after you buy online before you can successfully checkin a deer. Well he waited til the Wed before Thanksgiving to buy his license online and then tried to checkin a deer on Sat (openingday) and it wouldnt take it. I kinda thought to myself why would you wait til then to buy your license online....I mean a quick trip to Walmart would have taken care of it.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:30 PM
bigcountry

Did you hunt pataspco?

I think the new rules suck. I seen my nieghbors kill at least 3 bucks and no does in bow season.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:35 PM

There were guys with the old system shooting a doe and going around and checking it in at different stations, then their buddies would go check it in a couple times. 1 doe would get checked in 4 or 5 times. Shady characters will always be shady characters and find ways to manipulate the system. The new system will just save them some gas money.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I stillthink you ought to have an option to check in at a station or phone or internet but whatever it turns out to be it will work for me.

Quick Reply: Maryland Deer Checking Problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.