Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New photos of NY 22-pt...

Old 12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default New photos of NY 22-pt...

Here's a few more photos that I was emailed of the 22-pt. that was taken with a bow this fall here in Steuben County. What a beautiful buck for this area.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New photos of NY 22-pt...

Thats a great buck! What I want to know is why would they ruin the cape by cutting it off at the neck. Now they can't use it for a mount[&:]
Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your at least going to do a europeon mount I hope or a skull mount as some would call it. I wouldn't seperate the antlers from the skull.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Gosh, what a great buck and to think they cut the neck and cape off![8D]
Old 12-03-2005, 03:19 PM

I too am shaking my head on that one. If the guy just couldn't afford a good mount, leave in the freezer and save up all your extra money. How can you pass up mounting a deer like that. That deer is beyond a buck of a lifetime.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Anybody know the story of this buck? I heard of a 22 pt shot in Stueben supposedly with a bow but encon check the deer out and it had been shot with a rifle and tagged with a bow tag. The deer was confiscated of course and tickets issued.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:01 AM

The story in the NY Outdoor News said he was late getting into the woods because he had to drop his kids off at daycare. He was 300 yds. from his stand when he shot this deer with his bow. He could hear him grunting on the other side of the hill. He never knew this buck was in there. He knew of two 8-pointers which he was after. I guess he was within yards of the deer when he shot him. I said nothing about it being shot with a rifle and tickets issued.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody know the story of this buck? I heard of a 22 pt shot in Stueben supposedly with a bow but encon check the deer out and it had been shot with a rifle and tagged with a bow tag. The deer was confiscated of course and tickets issued.
There were lots of rumors going around about this buck being poached due to the fact that the head was cut off like it was. However, a guy I know from my townworks with and isfriends with the hunter who shot it. He said that the deer was not dead when he walked up to it, so the guy started to panic and in the heat of the moment cut its throat without even thinking about the mount. There was a photo of the hunter with the whole deer in the local paper a couple of weeks ago. Theguy that knows the hunter told me that the DEC looked the deer over and found no signs of foul play. I sure hope its a legal bowkill.

The story in the NY Outdoor News said he was late getting into the woods because he had to drop his kids off at daycare. He was 300 yds. from his stand when he shot this deer with his bow. He could hear him grunting on the other side of the hill. He never knew this buck was in there. He knew of two 8-pointers which he was after. I guess he was within yards of the deer when he shot him. I said nothing about it being shot with a rifle and tickets issued.
djgj200:

Is this article in the latest Outdoor News? Did it show any other pics. or give a score for the buck? If so I might have to find me a copy.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:07 AM

WNY.. the DEC 2end issue of the NY outdoor news has the same picture as the one shown in the news paper a few weeks ago... no score
Old 12-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Yup. Same pic as been posted in other papers. According to the paper, the rack hasn't been scored nor does the guy really care what it scores.

Quick Reply: New photos of NY 22-pt...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.