Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa. hunters beware

Old 11-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Spike

Default pa. hunters beware

be on guard if you hunt in md.not saying all md.hunters are like this but look out for the ones that will try to steal your deer,claim thatsthe one we shot. happen to us this past sat.buddy shot an 8 pt. and some guys come up saying they shot it and were trailing forover two hours.buddy shot it in the heart with .06 ran to his stand and fellover.this was around 9:30 heard them on the radio at 7:30 that they shot one and started trailing.they were a ridge away only one hole in deer.two other pa. boys stopped and told us some guys tryed that a few years ago.so watch out for them.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: pa. hunters beware

What county did this happen in? Last year a Pa. hunter had a huge buck taken by two Md hunters on the farm that I hunt. I was not present so I will not relate the details (hearsay) but I believe he was robbed.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:15 AM

I live in Maryland, there's alot of ignorant guys that hunt public land. I never want or never would hunt public land for anything but ducks. A family friend of ours shot a nice 8 point like what you said, the guy who owns the farm he was hunting on claimed his deer and mounted it! SAYING IT WAS HIS!!! How in the freaking heck can a guy do that? and be proud of it? What a son of a turkey!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:43 PM

I imagine this happens just about everywhere. Had itattempted on me in PA, on my first buck. I was bigger than he was and had to run him off. It is a shame.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:14 PM
Spike

this happened at the frederick watershed it was three against one till i came out. made odds alittle better with a loaded 30.06 pump.best of like to the real hunters.still looking.