Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ DEER ZONE # 4

Old 11-06-2002, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NJ DEER ZONE # 4

i saw yesterday morning on rt.80 westbound a dead deer, nice 8 point rack, it was just past the rt.287 exit.

no earn a buck in zone 4, i agree with you that for the most part bucks up there are forkhorns, but ive seen some really great bucks up there, thats why i hold out, my friends saw some good bucks but 1st chance at any deer is good enough for them. if it was gun season i would of taken that little guy since its public land. not much deer activity up there in the area of zone 4 i hunt, others claim it also, then again others i know who hunt miles away within zone 4 claim to be seeing plenty of sign.
Old 11-10-2002, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

WELL I WENT SCOUTING A NEW AREA TODAY IN ZONE 4, DEEP OFF THE ROAD, ABOUT 1/2 MILE FROM MY ORIGINAL PARKING AREA. MAN LET ME TELL YOU I FOUND OVER 20 RUBS WITHIN THIS AREA, SO ON TUESDAY I WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!! ILL HAVE TO HUNT A FEW TIMES, GIVE THE ARAE A CHANCE, THE WEATHER THIS WEEK STINKS, RAIN/WARM, BUT IM OFF ALL OF NEXT WEEK, C'MON COLD WEATHER!!! WITH ALL THE RUBS, I THOUGHT FOR SURE ILL FIND A SCRAPE BUT I DIDN'T, THEN AGAIN SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I HUNT.
Old 11-11-2002, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

Went to Zone 2 in the 70 degree heat today and had 4 different buck around my stand. 3 were small rackers and one huge spike (15 in long). I saw only 5 doe but the bucks were on the prowl. All of the bucks came in from 7.30--9.00am but the rackers would not come closer than 40 yds and I could not stop them with a grunt. The spike came by twice and I could have shot the second time but passed.

Looks like the rut is heating up but I am disappointed that our lease has no decent bucks this year. The last 3 years we have had a lot of small racks and spikes due to lack of quality food and a bad buck/doe ratio/

Hunting the wilds of Jersey
Old 11-16-2002, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK SO FAR THIS SEASON FROM MY STAND I SAW A 4 POINTER TWICE, 2 DIFFERENT DOES, AND A 8 POINTER.

6 DIFFERENT BEARS, NUMEROUS TURKEYS, AND A COYOTE.

THIS ZONE WAS HOT, NOW IT SUCKS. WELL IM OFF THIS WEEK COMING UP, ITS GOING TO BE COLDER, LETS SEE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN.

NJ FISH,GAME & WILDLIFE SUCKS!!!!