Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ DEER ZONE # 4

Old 10-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NJ DEER ZONE # 4

WELL HUNTED ZONE 4 AGAIN TODAY, I SAW MORE DEER AS ROAD KILL ON ROUTES 80,15,206. SAW NO DEER AT ALL, AT 9:45 AM 3 JAKE TURKEYS UNDER MY STAND, THEN AT 11:45 AM A BEAR ABOUT 250lbs CAME FROM BEHIND ME, WALKED UNDER MY STAND, AND WALKED AWAY.
Old 10-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ANYONE DEER HUNT IN TODAYS RAINY WEATHER? IF SO, WHERE DID YOU AND WHAT DID YOU SEE? I'LL BE OUT IN ZONE 4 THIS WEEK: MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY.
Old 10-26-2002, 09:14 PM

i was back out in zone 8 again. i didn't go out in the morning. i got out around noon. as i walked into my spot i kicked up 5 deer under my stand. i couldn't tell if they were bucks or does. i didn't see anything till 5pm. i shot a doe at about 3 feet from my tree. man was it windy.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:08 AM

I've been hunting zone 4 for 30 yrs! The deer are there
but do get heavy pressure from the hunting club down near
walpack last year I had about 40 guys (no BS) get dropped off in pick ups and try to drive the deer off the mountain (blue mnt lakes area)
back down to their club property!!! I love this area but it's starting to look like it did 25 yrs ago before they blocked the roads and raised the houses. Used to be truck loads of "hunters" drive in
and shoot anything that moved! I NEED to get back to the sanity and respect for others that bowhunting provides!!!
Stay safe!

Old 10-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

WELL ITS MONDAY 10-28-2002, WENT HUNTING TODAY, STILL I SAW NO DEER!!! JUST 8 TURKEYS. I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS SPOT WAS SO "HOT!!!!!" NOW ITS DEAD, AND I MEAN DEAD NO SIGN WHAT SO EVER. GAME WARDEN SAYS DEER ARE AROUND AND I AGREE THEY ARE, BUT HE ALSO SAID TO ME WHILE I WAS GET CHANGING AT MY TRUCK TONIGHT THAT FEW HUNTERS WHO CAME OUT FOR LUNCH ARE SO PISSED OFF, THEY TOO ARE HAVING SAME PROBLEM AS ME. HE ALSO SAID AT NIGHT, ON PATROL NO BUCKS HE SEES HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE DOES, NOT EVEN THE YOUNGER BUCKS.

THIS AREA HAS NO MORE PRESSURE THEN IT HAS HAD IN THE PAST 6 YEARS I HUNTED IT, SO NO CLUE AS TO WHATS GOING ON, NO PRIVATE FARMS OR CLUBS PUSHING THE DEER, I SEE NO HUNTERS IN THE WOODS, AND I STAY ALLDAY NEVER LEAVE. JUST HOPING THAT THINGS START TO HAPPEN, IM OFF FOR 3 WEEKS STARTING MONDAY 11-04...GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:37 AM

BHCOP:
Maybe the pressure isn't in your area! Perhaps as is the case at my spot, the pressure is elsewhere and just effecting the patterns your used to seeing? Where I sit the pressure below me at the base of the mountain and the surrounding fields has impacted the trails the deer used to use! Good luck

Old 10-29-2002, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

PRESSURE WHERE I HUNT ISNT ANY DIFFERNT THEN IT HAS BEEN THE PAST 6 YEARS, IT MAY BE LESS DURING THE BOW SEASON.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

It sounds as if you need to find a new spot. Our Zone 2 area in Wantage is not the same but we are locked into a lease. We have only seen 1 small buck at our lease this year and not to much sign. Also, the dressed weights are around 100 lbs where they used to be in the mid 110-120lbs. What's up with that? This is like slow torture to the point where it won't even be worth going hunting in much of the state.

Hunting the wilds of Jersey
Old 10-29-2002, 05:59 PM

well i was out this afternoon in zone 8 again. i saw 1 doe and 1 buck. it was only a spike and out of range. the good news is it snowed on me. hell it's still snowing and it's 8pm. the ground is covered. i wish i can go out tomorrow. i'll have to wait till thursday morning.

hey bowhuntercop, i'll take you too where i hunt. the bucks are all over the does. shoot me an email.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:55 AM

ive been hunting zone 4 in the walpack area for the past 5 years every year i always see big bucks and it usually produces deer for me and my buddies. I already have seen several bucks these past few weeks ive run across good scrapes and loads of rubs,also my buddy has seen a buck running a doe this past monday.'next week im goin for the whle week so i should have a good one.

Quick Reply: NJ DEER ZONE # 4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.