Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Upstate NY

Old 11-06-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Upstate NY

Hey guysI was just wondering if you guys knew anywhere good to hunt around Hunter, NY. Within a hour drive. Preferably a guide service, im planning on going for Deer, or Bear(bowhunting) next year when the season opens.

Thanks, and here's a map for that area maybe somthing on it will look farmiliar.

I google'd but didn't come up with anything good.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Upstate NY

Call DEC region 4 office & request "Region 4 -State Lands & Wildlife Management Areas" map book, It shows all properties & acreage.
FYI- almost all dec regions have similar publications..

It shows you've got Bearpen Mountian there, on the delaware/greene cnty line, below prattsville, with 2,146 acres, and access on Ski Run Rd. and Truesdell Rd., according to the DEC map.

Then you have a Huntersfield Unit, 1325 acres, just below the schoharie & greene cnty line. Hundermark & macumber Rd leads into it from the NW & Jim Cleveland Rd leads in from S.

Also, go to google, type in 'google earth' and get the free download program. You can see topo photos of most land.

Ive know nothing else about these parcels except for what Ive told you, but atleast its a start, good luck.