Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ state record BOW

Old 11-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NJ state record BOW

LOL i say hats off to the man that struck that buck down even if it was with a cross bow , if its legal all the more power to him....as some said u still have to be as talented to hunt with an X bow...... in different ways though......

As i just am starting my days in college , i noticed alot of bitterness on here , everyone should just man up and say what they think , without hurting one anothers personal feelings , i mean name calling over your views on what people can hunt with is just like being back in the sandbox in 1st grade.......Deleted by CalHunter... that was a little overkill as well , i just learned so much from these forums and rarely do we have to see things like this , and when it happens i just wanna say

...Deleted by CalHunter... LOL all in fun guys!
Old 11-09-2005, 03:27 PM

Where is the sport with crossbow? You might as well use a gun.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last I heard Deer hunting with a gun was a sport. And quite pleasurable I might add.Using a cross bow is probably more fun. I for one would like to try it someday. Till then I'll stick with my Recurves, Mathew's Switchback, and Semi and Pump shotguns.I'll save my pistols and rifles for out of state.[&:]
Old 11-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: superflyhunter

The deer was taken during bow season so hunting with a gun was never an option.
The hunter also has a disability that prevents him from using a "standard" bow.
Using a crossbow was his only legal choice.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

......Deleted by CalHunter... that was a little overkill as well , i just learned so much from these forums and rarely do we have to see things like this
Youguys are right. I let my aggrevation get the best of me. I apologise. When individuals get under your skin sometimes that happens. It is best sometimes to ignore certain individuals someone said and that is advice that I will take from now on.

As for politeness it is give and take. I will treat people in the same way they treat others. I am plenty polite when others are likewise. Don't confuse polite with PC though. A spade is a spade. I wasblunt in my first comment on this thread because that is what the situation called for. No need for that guysaccomplishment to be belittled because he shot it with a X-bow.

There are plenty of woods for all of us still. Even the X-bowers. I have said elsewhere. If allowing X-bowers allows more youngsters into the sport and helps keep some others (injured and older people)in it thenit is a very good thing. Our ranks are shrinking every day and with them any political clout we still have.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:12 AM

Despite all the junk on this topic, it's not a state record...not even close to Scott Borden's buck from 1995.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]