Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

finally got land

Old 10-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: finally got land

Congrats Greek:

Before checkin on seeing about other hunters, it would probably be the best bet to meet the guy and to fill your tags first, not to be selfish but I am sure once you get a better feel for the landowner and he is comfortable with you then it might be a better time to ask. But just offer to help out around his place and when you do get that deer which I know will be soon, offer him some venison. Usually I also send them a thank you note after the season along with a card around the holidays just letting them know I appreciate the use of their property and it shows you are caring and respectful. Goodluck!!
Old 10-17-2005, 12:44 PM

Default RE: finally got land

I wouldn't think that he's entitled to the head, I would certainly draw the line there, but it wouldn't be out of the question to offer him a few nice steaksfor him and the little lady. Congrats on finding a good hunting piece in Pennsylvania, because I have been trying to do the same thing for months with no success.