Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

To all you guys posting your land do to the "new "dangers of hunting.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To all you guys posting your land do to the "new "dangers of hunting.

Big John,

Once again...I can't understand any of your post...

If you are trying to show a table of rifled 12 ga trajectories here are two of them....

Remington Core Lokt Ultra..................Hornady SST
12ga rifled slugs

Muzzle.....-1.5............................................-.09
501.............8................................. .............2.4
100..........2.4.................................. .............2.7
150......... ...0.............................................. ...0
200.........-6.2.............................................-6.7

*for anyone following this thread, BigJohn had originally posted a ballistics table in his previous post. Unfortunatly he was not able to make it legible. He must have then gotten frustrated...he removed the table and edited it to read.."troll on". Obviously a very mature response! It will be intersting to see if it gets edited again. (the last edit wasat 1:28)
Old 10-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Default RE: To all you guys posting your land do to the "new "dangers of hunting.

I had a problem with the table setup and all of the figures got jumbled up, it was and is point less to keep going there you will never make me believe your shot gun is safer than my 30-06 at any range and NO WHERE NEAR AS ACCURATE.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is unfortunate that you can not have a factual debate concerning the subject matter without reverting to name calling and diversionary tactics.

However you are entitled to your opinion. Regardless of whether it is based on fact, or not.

Fortunately,other readers who have been following this post can nowclearly see the facts concerning the extended range and power of rifles laid out clearly in front of them.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:08 PM

I do not know what you are refering to "name calling"??? As far as facts go your 7" statement is ONLY if the shotgun is sighted in @ 150yds.

If you are trying to show a table of rifled 12 ga trajectories here are two of them....

Remington Core Lokt Ultra..................Hornady SST
12ga rifled slugs

Muzzle.....-1.5............................................-.09
501.............8................................. .............2.4
100..........2.4.................................. .............2.7
150......... ...0.............................................. ...0
200.........-6.2.............................................-6.7

Old 10-15-2005, 02:53 PM

Oh since we are also comparing shots this is a 5 shot group @100yds .696

Old 10-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigJohn H

I do not know what you are refering to "name calling"???
When youmakethe statement.."troll on".. on a public message board, that is considered name calling...

As far as facts go your 7" statement is ONLY if the shotgun is sighted in @ 150yds.
Yes....this is quite clearly established by the ballistics tables. That is currently the standard format for listing modern sabot slugs. If you do not agree with that format perhaps you should inform Remington and Hornady of the fact.

What sight in distance would you prefer to use? 100yds? In that case the slug would be 9'' low at 200yds.

What relevance does thishave to your argument? Your original statement was that slugs dropped "3 feet" at two hundred. Instead of admitting that your statement is absolutely bogus you continue to try avoid that fact by diverting attention to irrelevant details..

since we are also comparing shots
Last I checkedwe were comparing the safety of rifles vs shotguns in populated areas....
Old 10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL:CMA
Thanks for the missleading quote "Is the rifle more "powerful" than a slug gun, reason and facts say NO. " Your words, NOT mine.
CMA.....What are you talking about? Are you actually trying to imply that you did not make the above statement?

Here...once again...is YOUR statement...

ORIGINAL:CMA
Lets Compare a modern slug gun to a modern rifle, pappy's punkin' balls and bird guns are no comparison to sabots and rifled barrels,

A Middle of the road slug load; 12ga Winchester Platinum-Tip, 400GR at 1700FPS produces 2566FPE

AMiddle of theroadrifle load;7mm-08, 140gr at 2800FPS produces 2437FPE.

IS THE RIFLE MORE"POWERFUL"THAN A SLUG GUN,REASON AND FACTS SAY NO."

The Shotgun has greater inital energy (power); downrange the rifle will retain greater velocity due to less drag(In this PARTICULAR comparison). The Shotgun still has greater muzzle energy (power)when compared to allbut the most powerfull of hunting rifles
Yes,your statementhas been a clearly accepted fact for many decades, what does that have to with the discussion we are having concerning downrange safety in hunting conditions. It clearly has nothing to do with the discussion we have been having to this point!

by your own example, that would mean thatthere is no need for charts listing rifle drop out to 500Yds as hitting the animal would be luck
When it comes to the "average" riflehunter in New York stateyou are absolutely correct....

I've been wondering, What was so absurd about comparing the Platinum-tip slug to the 7mm-08?
I believe you are attempting to refer to this statement I made...

"I also find it interesting that you choose to attempt to make your comparison using one of the most powerful slugs on the market, yet you fail to do the same thing for your rifle projectile. An equivelent comparison would be the Platinum tip in a slug gun vs. something along the lines of a .300 Winchester Magnum."

Where in your mind...did I you come up with the belief that I said it was an "absurd" comparison?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: jcchartboy
Thankfully I don't shoot an average setup!!...My last trip to the range..Savage 210

SO WHAT DOES YOUR LAST TRIP TO THE RANGE HAVE TO DO WITH THE TOPIC?
Old 10-15-2005, 06:08 PM

I would also like to point out as you are on the what does it have to do with kick, Are you one of the people this topic was started for? By that I mean did you post your land when the law went into effect?

Quick Reply: To all you guys posting your land do to the "new "dangers of hunting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.