Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crash and Burn on DMU tags

Old 09-17-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Crash and Burn on DMU tags

I cant believe it. 5 turndowns out of 5 tries so far in 8W (Steuben Cnty, NY) for Tags with my hunting party! We see so many does during the season it's rediculous. I passed on 15 or so last year before I finally filled my tag (1 of 2 that I had - plus 2 more from my wife's backtag). Forget the foodplots next year - theyre gonna get demolished as sprouts. Flowers and shrubs wont stand a chance either. Thank God late Muzzleloder is either sex......

Old 09-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crash and Burn on DMU tags

Apparently...there is a major glitch in the system!!!!! if you have that many, im almost positive you should be able to obtain Nuisance permits....assuming you have identifiable crop damage as well as 50+ acres...They're relatively easy to prove also!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

I got my first one here in 8R and got turned down for #2..first time I haven't got both since I started hunting in 1997. I didn't even try for 8P this year as my first choice like I usually do. Honestly, in alot ofareas around the house here the does have been harvested quite heavily in the past several years and the overall thepop. isdownfrom where it was at 3 of 4 yrs. ago. Good luck on getting a buck.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

me and my dad went 2/2 7j/7h
Old 09-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our population (7M) is down - quite a bit - from the records I keep. Seems the DEC agrees- there are NO permits for 7M.

Still not sure how I can take one w/bow and or blackpowder? Must be the DEC figures most people won't? - or the success rate will be down compared to gun.

FH