Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NJ RIFLE RANGES REVISITED

Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM

Default NJ RIFLE RANGES REVISITED

I went to Ft Dix today to do a little shooting with the 06...going bear hunting next week...and I'm there 5 minutes and some numb nuts burns the freaking range down. Well, not the range itself, but the woods around the range. Now, everyone has to leave. The range is only open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I'm leaving Saturday to go up to Maine. If anyone knows another rifle range within an hour of Maple Shade, NJ please let me know. I am so sick of Ft Dix! Please, if anyone knows of another range within an hour of Maple Shade, NJ please let me know! THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:28 PM

Default RE: NJ RIFLE RANGES REVISITED

Im not sure of where Maple Shade is but i live in butler nj and im a member of cherry ridge rifle range. You must be a member to shoot so you wont be able to shoot before your hunt but maybe when you get back you can look into it if it isnt that far from you.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Central Jersey in Jackson, not too far from Great Adventure. Membership also required.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:51 AM

Jackson is about 45 minutes away from me. Up 295 and then over 195 to exit 16 or there about. How much is the membership in Jackson, what are the hours, the length of the range, and the types of weapons you can shoot there?
Old 09-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have been there before when it was on fire. they gave me a free pass for the next time. we havent had rain for a while so i would expect fires. at the time i thought it was the army target practice that set the woods on fire. with all the rounds there shooting off im surprised theres any woods left. as far as ranges go most of them get big time fees and command you so many hours of service a year to hold a membership. i just like to shoot so i use fort dix. i like it there. there is a range rt 70 and toms river i think its called shore shot but i dont know anything about it. if your leaving for maine saturday i would squeeze in one more time at fort dix friday night or just shoot when you get up to maine. you cant hunt till monday and i always check for zero at camo just in case it took a bump on the ride up. i hunted jackman maine last week and got poured on all week.lots of action just no shooting. it was 49 degrees at night. i just love that!