Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Bonus Buck Stamp

Old 08-11-2005, 09:17 PM

Default PA Bonus Buck Stamp

PA introduced a Bonus spring gobbler stamp this year.. Its 20 bucks and i forget how you get one.. Who cares..

I wanna know would you guys be interested if the PGC were to have a lottery for an additonal say 10,000 (just throwing a number around) buck tags. residents only.. and 10 or 20 bucks for the tag. I have hunted other states and I can always shoot more than one buck..
Old 08-12-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Bonus Buck Stamp

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO etc.

We just went thru a situation where we are limiting the # of bucks killed and you want to make a drawing to defeat the purpose of that.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

If it ever happened I'd be interested. Will it ever happen? Probably not. But I don't think that was the point of the point. I believe this was a "Wouldn't that be cool if it happened and was possible" type of post. So please everyone, looking at you rybohunter, don't get your panties in a knot. It's just a BS dream, cool if it happened, post.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Just a thought. Could be doable if they made it possible for an extra (say 100) bucks for the state and available in certain WMUs like 5D (where there are a lot of deer and not much huntable land). Then they could do a lottery like the Elk lottery. Could provide more money to the PGC, and an extra 50-100 tags wouldn't do much to the population. Remember just because you get a tag doesn't mean you actually get a buck. If every hunter with a doe tag and hunting license got what they could legally take the herd would be wiped out in a year.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say no way. I'm really not that greedy when it comes to whitetail. I have my original buck tag, three doe tags and 2 DMAP tags so an extra buck tag really isn't needed for me to put more meat in the freezer. Besides I'd rather see more bucks in the woods when I'm out hunting so I don't think there really is a need to kill any more unless it's in units like 5D as rifle stated.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think it's a good idea. People are complaining way too much already about not seeing enough deer. I'm sure the PGC would think about the idea only tofill their wallet.

I personallythink it's ridiculous that they are selling something like 70,000 antlerless tags in 5c.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would get one. I wouldn't get it just to shoot two basket racks. I would get it so I could get a decent buck and, if the season were still going, I could go out and wait for that booner.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe they could put a size restriction on the 2nd tag. A true "trophy" tag. The buck would have to have 5 points to a side or something to that effect.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

No not me.But think everyone else should be given the option for 1500.00 a permit. In fact i wish they would put the huntin license up to 100,00 a year
Old 08-12-2005, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

I don't think it's a good idea. People are complaining way too much already about not seeing enough deer. I'm sure the PGC would think about the idea only tofill their wallet.

I personallythink it's ridiculous that they are selling something like 70,000 antlerless tags in 5c.
You also have to consider how big 5c is.. In my area of 5c there are too many doe.. but we cant hunt them..legally. sneaking in with a bow and arrow.

This topic was just a thought to see how the masses would react.. In fact.. I completely agree with Barnes about being a Trophy tag.. 5 points on one side or such.

This was just food for thought. Im not for it or against it..BUt then again I hunt where I see deer constantly and not in the mountains.

Quick Reply: PA Bonus Buck Stamp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.