Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Technical Pa. Doe tag ??????

Old 08-04-2005, 02:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Technical Pa. Doe tag ??????

I see,heard so many thoughts on the doe tag application procedures. I need a lawyer to figure it out.
OK this is only a question if a person who is appling for a special regs unit and a standard unit both.
The book says you may only apply for 1 tag in a unit at a time on the Aug 1 date and the 1st round for unused tags on the 22nd also only 1 tag in a unit. EXCEPT in the 2b,5c,5d we can apply for as many as we want.

NOW if on the August 22nd date, Can a person apply for 1 in and nonspecial unit and also for ,lets say 3 in 5c ???,since that area is a exception. I realize it says you may have only 2 doe tags total,But yet says in the special units they are unlimited. So can a person apply on the Aug 1 date for one in 5b on the august 22nd one for 5b and also for 3 in the unlimited areas. That would make up the 2 tags in the standard areas .And since in 5c You can buy 100 if you want is this legal ?? So is the 2 total tags they are talking about only refer to the standard units?? Must be since we can have unlimited in 5c.

CONFUSING AINT???

What I am asking is it legal on the 22nd to send for 1 tag in 5b and 3 tags in the unlimited 5c unit ?????
Old 08-04-2005, 05:43 AM

Default RE: Technical Pa. Doe tag ??????

Cardeer,
In your digest, on the page where "Application Schedule" is in red at the top, 3rd paragraph spells it out.
In WMUs 2B, 5c, and 5D, there is no limit to the number of unsold anterless license applicationsan individual can make or receive. This can be doneby mail startingMonday, Aug. 22, until allocations in those three WMUs are exhausted. Over-the-counter sales in these three units only begin Monday, Sept. 19, 2005
Old 08-04-2005, 05:58 AM

5C is a hot commodity.. I was lucky to get 2 5c tags last year
Old 08-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bob,

I am glad you asked this question as I was about to do the same. Just so I am totally clear on this, on August 22nd I can send an application to Harrisburg for 3D in one envelope and an application for 5C in another since 5C is a special regulation WMU? Is this correct?

T,

It is a bit confusing because as Bob stated the digest also states that you can only apply for one tag per round...

...with exceptions but the exceptions sound like you could apply for two tags in a special reg WMU like 5C but not neccessarily like you could apply for one tag in a regular WMU and another in a special reg WMU at the same time.

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 AM

You guys lost me, but I asked the PGC a couple of years ago and they told me that I could send for a regular unit tagfor the 1st round and send for a 2nd tag in a regular unit PLUS my extra 3 tags in Special Reg Area.
So the way I do it is:
1st Round 3A Potter County
2nd Round 2D Armstrong and 3 tags in 2B Special Reg Allegheny
Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like the above post I send
1st round 2D
2nd round 2D and 3 tags for 2B

Old 08-04-2005, 10:14 AM

You can only have 2 antlerless tags outside the special regulation area.

You could send the first one by 8/1 and the second by 8/22.

For the 8/22 date if you are in the 5c 5d and 2b you can send unlimited. I plan on sending in 5 more on 8/22. 2 for 5 c and 3 for 5 d.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ccm352

You can only have 2 antlerless tags outside the special regulation area.

You could send the first one by 8/1 and the second by 8/22.
CORRECTION: You can have up to 3 antlerless lic. in any one given year, excluding the special units. You can get on on 8/1, another on 8/22, and if there are any still available, a third antlerless lic. on 9/12. The two that you read about were the unsold or "bonus" tags. You may only recieve two bonus tags in addition to the lic. you got on 8/1. Again, these three licenses do not include the tags you recieve for the special areas.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:18 AM

308 is correct. You are allowed a anterless tag and 2 unsold anterless tags in non-SRAs.
Then there's DMAP tags, and SRA tags and military installation tags..............................

I had 8 of the suckers last year.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:59 PM

woops.. i knew what i meant to say and typed it out wrong.. @#%* work gets in the way of this forum!

Quick Reply: Technical Pa. Doe tag ??????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.