Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Attn. Jersey Bear Hunters.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Attn. Jersey Bear Hunters.

Thee will be a special show on tonight about our Bears in NJ. on NJN 9pm. just a reminder. For more info check your local NewJerseyHunting site.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Attn. Jersey Bear Hunters.

i saw the whole program. i thought it was good and the moderator stuck to things and didnt allow too much mud slinging. CAMPBELL seemed to be on our side despite what i thought about him for cancelling last years season. i loved the part about how they said the bears that raid garbage cans dont live in the woods where the hunters would hunt them. i was told the range of a bear is like 40 square miles. i also loved the comment from the other side that the bears could regulate there own population. thats all we need to see hundreds of skinny starving bears in a bad growing season.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Typical Buck

I like the way Stu kept saying "We have some exciting new ideas" and "If we can get the government to change we can come up with some exciting new ideas" But he failed to mention what those ideas were.... He came across as a person without a clue as to whats going on... Linda did ok except the one thing she forgot to mention is when nature regulates a population on it's own (meaning without predators)It gets pretty ugly and can really be damaging to a species...Not only will the litters get smaller but the bears will start to starve and get sick! Disease doesn't stop when it thinks the population is at a reasonable number... It keeps killing until it has nothing left to kill..... Yes keeping food sources around your house sealed up will help keep bears from looking there but it won't reduce the number of bears already here and if they can't find food around the houses they will need to go back into the woods and look for food there. If there isn't enough there (which there isn't or they wouldn't be looking in our garbage)They will get weak and sick! Then when they die the meat is wasted. The pelts are wasted and the disease is spred to others... How can that be our solution??? Get a grip! They need to think a little less with thier hearts and a little more with thier brains...Killing is a part of nature and no matter how far we try and distance ourselves from it WE are a part of NATURE! We will kill these animals to provide us with food and sport and at the same time we will be keeping the species healthy and strong to live as best they can, having more room to roam, feed, play, mate and RAISE YOUNG the way nature intended!!!!
Old 07-30-2005, 07:29 PM

It is scheduled to air again on August 1

The show first aired July 25. NJN is airing it again at midnight on Monday (Aug. 1).

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/112261263696400.xml&coll=1
Old 07-31-2005, 07:58 AM

Nicely said JerseyJim.