Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Noone has a problem with SS numbers for Pa license

Old 07-04-2005, 07:43 PM

Default RE: Noone has a problem with SS numbers for Pa license

I don't understand this. Our employers, PA Dept of Revenue, and local taxing authorities already have our SSN's. If a dead-beat dad doesn't work or pay any taxes, he probably doesn't buy a license either.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with you Mike.Government at it's best or worst in this case.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

As one who writes out alot of hunting licenses I can tell you that in past years if the customer refused to give the SS# for either a hunting or fishing license then we just wrote "refused" in the box. This year that had to change though as we received a very explicit letter and signs to post in the shop that SS#'s were required by federal law.

I know some people are very apprehensive about giving them for certain things but in the case, no, I have no problem with it.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Host of Hosts

Are we now employing someone to sit at a computer and enter 1,000,000 plus Social Security numbers into a database and look for someone who may be 500.00 in arrears on child support. How much per year will this "new employee" make. If there is one! Don't you guys get it? The reason sounds good"to look for dead-beat fathers" so we will all accept it. That's not what's goin on. Just another behind the scenes registration of lawful gun owners.

I've said my peace on this subject I DON'T LIKE IT! So I won't say anymore about it.I'm still going to be out hunting regardless.