Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I'm Living in the Zoo!!!

Old 07-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm Living in the Zoo!!!

We just made settlement on our house and we've been over there all weekend doing work. I noticed that deer use our propertybut , when I told my neighbors this they said they always called our place the zoo. We get deer, turkey, pheasant, fox, owl, rabbit, squirrel, racoon, possum and skunk on our property on a pretty regu;ar basis. Were only on a half acre in the suburbs so that's pretty cool. All the animals come from a 20-30 acre woodlot at the end of our street. The last 20 yards of our back yard is woods and we have cherry and apple trees as well as a 200 foot hedgerow full of berries. Our place is a magnet. I hope my 4 foot fence in the woods doesn't change things. Maybe some pictures to follow........
Old 07-03-2005, 10:35 PM

Default RE: I'm Living in the Zoo!!!

that sounds like a good thing .I built my home on 3 acres that are surrounded by approx 600 acres of great hunting land. I also feel like we live in a zoo. deer, turkey, raccoon, fox, bear. I do most of my hunting from my property. its nice to wake up and walk 300 yards to my tree stand.enjoy the new place.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dont fence it
Old 07-04-2005, 05:16 AM

Never
Old 07-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Bob, dont fence it!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to - and did already. I have two dogs and two small children. In the back it's just 4 foot wire fence. I'm sure the deer will learn to jump it.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Can I come hunt down there?

I am joking though I must admit I am jealous of all the game activity on your new property.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The houses are too close together to hunt on my half acre. However, there is a huge chunk on unposted woods about 100 yards down the street. I believe it belongs to the school but the school is at least a quarter mile away from the woods. What's the deal with that?
Old 07-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

.... believe it belongs to the school but the school is at least a quarter mile away from the woods. What's the deal with that?
Probably looking to keep property for expansion. The way school's locally are picking up new students they are going to need to expand by adding new buildings or adding onto existing structures....plus parking...playing fields, etc....
Old 07-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BarnesX.308

I have to - and did already. I have two dogs and two small children. In the back it's just 4 foot wire fence. I'm sure the deer will learn to jump it.
Throw a salt block and some corn inside the fence and see how quick the deer learn to jump it... LOL!!!!

Enjoywatching all the animals...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.