Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I'm Living in the Zoo!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I'm Living in the Zoo!!!

enjoy your newfound game preserve! If you hunt the school property, be especially careful with the safety zone.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can I hunt it legally? I see no posted signs and the woods are far away from the school. The maintenence building is about 100 yards from the edge of the woods and the school itself is about 200-300 yards further up than that. The ball fields are on the other side of the school. Nothing would be even close to safety zone but the whole school property makes me 2nd guess it.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

The safety zone for schools is still 150 (even for archery) yards from any "occupied structure" Dont get inside! A friend caught a finelast yearfor being within 150 yards of the corner of a practice football field. (they called it a playground) He was over 300 yards from any building! So caution is the word. If you happen to hit something that you have to track any distance, I reccomend taking the bow or gun home first. Good luck!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We get deer, turkey, pheasant, fox, owl, rabbit, squirrel, racoon, possum and skunk on our property on a pretty regular basis.
I see all of those on our property too. This morning, I watched some deer foraging on the bushes that line our front yard. It's pretty cool. I'm extreemly fortunate to own 14 acres that I hunt and it's surrounded by lots of farmland--owned mostly by my cousin who doesn't hunt and a farmer who's a very good friend of mine. Both allow me--and even remind me--to hunt on their property.