Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Question about PA

Old 06-26-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Question about PA

I may have a job opportunity in bagdad Pa, which is in gilpin township, armstrong county. I know you PA hunters dont want anymore people coming to hunt there, but could you please give some info about the area, the bowhunting in the above mentioned area decent, enough public land and hows the pressure. I dont know anyone there, so private land would be out for awhile if there may even be any available. Thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Question about PA

i never knew there was a bagdad Pa.. well i cant help you out since i dont know the area, but welcome to Pa.. its a very nice place if you love the outdoors..
Old 06-27-2005, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Never heard of Bagdad, PA so I'm not sure where in Armstrong Co you will be. But I can tell you that there is some State Game Land along Route 28. I can't tell you how good or bad it will be I never scouted or hunted it but it would give you a start. I do know of quite a few monsters that were taken out of Armstrong County.

Another option you might want to look into is the Allegheny National Forest and Cook Forest. You will be about an hour or so drive. Both have a lot of public hunting land. I've hunted both in recent years and was successful.

Let us know how you make out.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:16 AM

http://cbs2.com/water/watercooler_story_094102045.h

It seems Bagdad is located about thirty miles north of Pittsburgh. Alleghenny Ludlum has a steel mill there. Good luck. You are in a great area of PA to hunt and fish.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of good deer hunting around Bagdad!!! Some public land but there's plenty of private ground available to anyone who take just a little time before season to inquire and ask. If you take the job, let me know. I just might be able to help you find a honey hole or two!
BTW Bagdad is also close to some great fishing!!!