Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

bald eagle shooting

Old 07-06-2005, 10:05 PM

Default RE: bald eagle shooting

MK...are you a warden?

It is rediculous to say that an infraction is an infraction. Thank God everyone doesn't hold your views on this. Let me ask you something...If a guy is driving 5 miles an hour over the speed limit, should he be treated the same as a guy that drives 50 miles over the speed limit? I mean really....think about it. Of course there are different levels of infractions. Should the guy get in trouble....absolutely! But lets match the punishment with the crime. Stiff fine....sure. Loss of license for a year or two...sure. For life...heck no. If he does it again, that is another story. Let's just keep it in perspective. People can and do make mistakes.....all over the world, every day. I'm sure you do too. We don't have all the facts on this one yet, and we won't have them all until someone is pinched. Why don't we all wait and see whats going on here before we hastily put together a mob and hang the s.o.b. For all we know it could have been a couple 12 year old kids out fooling around. I shot a hawk one time when I was a little kid. was I wrong? YUP! Do I feel bad? YUP!
Should I have been hung? NOPE! Let's wait til we have all the facts.

MK-M-GOBL

I agree with you. People who make mistakes like this should not be in the woods. They should be in jal. The life of that Eagle can never be brought back. He should feel the pain that he caused to that Eagle. The symbol of Amecia. I believe you have the right idea. Also the speed limit is the speed limit, 5 or 50 over same thing. Thats like saying I am alittle drunk and driving and not a lot drunk and driving. NO EXCUSS for this idiot with a gun, ruining our sport and give anti gunners more ammo
Old 07-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: bald eagle shooting

ORIGINAL: monarchoutdoors

MK...are you a warden?
Not a warden or a police officer! and I'm sure there's alot ofpeople in my area that are glad I'm not I still stand 100% by thereply I posted