Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bears and Pets

Old 05-25-2005, 08:31 PM

Default RE: Bears and Pets

USUALLY DEPENDS ON HOW USED TO POEPLE THE BEARS IN YOUR AREA ARE. THE BEARS WERE I LIVE ARE VERY SKIDISH AND TAKE OFF THE SECOND I TURN ON THE LIGHT.

MY DOGS ARE LOSE IN MY YARD ALL NIGHT LONG AND KEEP THE BEARS AWAY.

I GUESS IF YOU LIVE IN AN URBAN AREA AND THE BEARS ARE COMING OUT TO EAT GARBAGE I WOULD BE A LITTLE CONCERNED, BUT A BEAGLE SHOULD LET YOU KNOW IF ONE IS NEAR SO YOU CAN BLAST IT IF YOU THINK ITS A THREAT.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:43 PM

The Bears in NJ are NOT like most bears found else where. Most that live in urban areas are no different than a stray dog that is used to humans looking for food. They will walk up a street in broad daylight eat out of bird feedes in backyards while you stand 20 feet from them even when they know your there. My friend was trout fishing a year ago and he was so focused on catching some trout in a hole he failed to notice the 1 1/2 yr old male that walked up behing him sat 20 feet away and watched him catch trout after trout. When he finally went to turn he thought at first that it was someones lab or something. He slowly walked away AND THE BEAR FOLLOWED BEHING HIM ALMOST TO HIS TRUCK that was parked on a main road with cars wizzing buy. Now don't get me wrong I like bears and they DO have there place in the eco system, but... NJ is far from a place were bears can live without coming in contact with a person. Lets face it NJ is a 1/2 acre wood lot with to many deer and too many bears. NJ is a gross display of politics with rabies. The land developers make money, politicians make money and WE have to deal with the bullcrap. It almost appears we need to hunt these animals to near extinction because of the screw ups of OVER-DEVELOPMENT in NJ. Oh yeah on more thought, When a bear finnally does mame, kill or hurt a person I am going to hold a rally on the State House steps in Trenton and then on to commish Bradley Campbell's office with the person or family of the person that was injured and he can explane in face to face why he didn't want to hold another hunt!

MR Campbell its time for you to pack your bags and go back to where ever it was you came from! You came here under a certain political appointment and messed with our heritage, our council and our rights as sportmen! Your political backing is almost gone and or dwindling and WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE IN NJ ANYMORE!!! GO BACK UNDER YOUr ROCK YOU MEGOLOMANIAC TURD!!!!!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Bears on the prowl everywhere
This mating season, experts warn of encounters across the state
Saturday, June 04, 2005
BY BRIAN T. MURRAY
Star-Ledger Staff
Looking for love in all the wrong places, New Jersey's black bears are winding up in Sussex County homes, urban Middlesex County neighborhoods and even swimming Sandy Hook Bay as their annual mating season unfolds.

It's no surprise to experts at the state Division of Fish and Wildlife. They issued a warning in April to every one of the state's 21 counties, the most expansive alert since the once-scarce bruins began rebounding in the Garden State 30 years ago.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/jersey/index.ss ...