Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LOOKING for place to hunt in PA

Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default LOOKING for place to hunt in PA

I'm looking for some private ground to turkey hunt in PA. If anyone knows of some ground available or if you're looking for someone to come hunt with you, send me a pm.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: LOOKING for place to hunt in PA

Take a Sunday Morning scouting ride through Washington County. Stop and ask the landowners. Most anyone will let you hunt.

I'd take you with me, but I'm guiding some guys for the last 3 Saturdays.

Dress nice, and ask politely. Explain that you only want to hunt turkey, and that you'll be going it alone. You'll have good results, trust me.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

PaBird -

I'm geographically challenged. I thought Chambersburg was in my neck of the woods.

I still think that you could take a Sunday scouting ride and find some new spots. Contrary to popular belief, just asking nicely usually yields pretty good results. I never let the posters stop me, either. If it's posted, I ask anyway.

The worst that can happen is that they tell you "no," and you're out of a few gallons of gas.

Good luck
Quik
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

Quik is right.. look nice and act nice and maybe even offer to do some work to help the landowner out, that will make you look like gold.. but i think Quiks best point is say it will only be yourself or maybe a child w/ you... they dont like when they let someone on and they bring a bunch of other guys w/ them.. and if they do let you please respect the rules they give you.. hope this helps..