Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wolf hunting in wisconsin

Old 04-03-2005, 08:41 PM

Default wolf hunting in wisconsin

I've read that there could be a wolf season in northern Wiscconsin in 5 or so years. Has anyone else heard anything?
Old 04-04-2005, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wolf hunting in wisconsin

I haven't, but I hate the wolves.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

I doubt there will be a season anytime soon. The tree huggers will keep it in the courts for much longer than 5 years. It's too bad because they really need to be controlled.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

No one can tell me that farmers and some hunters will not kill a wolf when they see one just because 1. they are too scared of it and 2. because they do too much killing of livestock and deer
Old 04-08-2005, 12:19 AM

I read in Apr 05 Outdoor Life that wolves are speading at an amazing rate. They said wolves will soon inhabit many more states.
We need a hunting season now in Minnesota. Too many doo-gooders and animal rights people.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

HA!

Old 04-09-2005, 07:46 PM

lol, thats a cool pic. do u know where its from? as far as the season goes, i know nothing about wolves so my opinion wouldn't really matter. but does anyone know how many wolves are actually living in WI?
Old 04-09-2005, 09:24 PM

If the population is sooo high there would already be a wolf hunt, but its not. And how often do you see a wolf? Very, Very rarely. Its not even a comparison to the deer. And obvisouly there not killing a lot of deer because Wisconsin and Minnesota has a crap load of them.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:11 AM

You got to be kidding me in reference to not seeing wolves. Up here in the "UP" Michigan they are seen all the time. Last deer season, I know of a bunch at a hunting camp that saw more wolves then deer this past deer season. Tell them there are not that many wolves!! The Michigan DNR has applied to the Feds for permission to regulate the wolves, in other words, kill problem wolves and to eventually establish a season. MI has exceeded the population goals by a good number, so how are they not too many of them? And guess what, my cousin who hunts northern WI says the same thing. Yes he saw wolves this and last year.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:19 AM

I dont even want to think of what a pandoras box wolf hunting will be. I know the population is growing at a large rate(when you see wolves on a regular basis there is a problem) I live in southeastern wisconsin and have seen a wolf within 20 miles of my home ie. the one that was hit by a car on I-94 2 years ago close to Lake Mills. I think they will have to start causing serious problems like taking people pets or even worse children before any type of season is put on them. If you want to know the extent of the wolf problem ask any houndsman in northern wisconsin how many hounds they lost to wolves last year and you will be amazed!

Quick Reply: wolf hunting in wisconsin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.