Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Archery Club, Aurora, Ill

Old 01-23-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Archery Club, Aurora, Ill

I am new in the area and wondering if there are any archery clubs or anything in the area of Aurora, Ill. I want to get my self a new bow and start shooting more but I need someone to shoot with at least part of the time for some competition.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Archery Club, Aurora, Ill

Welcome to the message boards Dan. Here's a few to try. Not in Aurora but still pretty close.

Chicago Bow Hunters
320 Charlestown Drive
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
(630) 739-9844
(obviously a bow club)

or

Glissen Archery & Pro-Shop
22900 E. Main Street (IL Rt. 126) about a mile west of Interstate I-55 on 126
Plainfield, IL 60544
(815) 436-5803
(indoor and outdoor shooting)

There's also free elevated shooting stations and different distance and scenerios on a course thru the woods there down at the Des Plaines Conservation Area. Take I-55 south to the Wilmington exit, at top of exit ramp go right, past RR tracks and the stop sign at the site office. The shooting stations are on the right at the next stop sign.

Hope this helps you out. Let me know.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-26-2005, 07:29 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Well, if you're looking in the Aurora area, none are closer than Auroraland Archers. Come to the club on any Monday night, when they do indoor 3D's. Shooting starts at 7:30. Nonmembers are welcomed.

Auroraland Archers

Chicago Bowhunters is also a great club. But you couldn't pay me enough to go to Glisson's place.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:17 PM

JRW,

Why are you agianst Glisson's place, I haven't been to any, just lookign for a reason.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

JRW,

Why are you agianst Glisson's place, I haven't been to any, just lookign for a reason.
Sonny can be a bit rough on his customers. some perceive it as rude, its just his personality
Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

danbell78,

Goerge pretty much nailed it, although I'd also add pompous and condescending to the list. And let's just say I have a problem with his business ethics, or in my opinion, lack of. I know far too many people who've told me they've been ripped off there, and I've had problems myself.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes the problem with Glisson Archery is, in one word...............Sonny.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 03-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Wit

Hi There,

We don't have an archery club yet, but we do own an archery shop in Manhattan, Illinois called Buck Fever Archery. We will be moving in the summer to New Lenox, Illinois. We will be carrying Mathews, PSE and possibly Hoyt. Right now I can get PSE. E-mail me for more info.

Sincerely,

Dwight
Old 03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Spike

you said close so aurroa land archers is it
havent shot glissens but have been there they are right --- hes a character alright but ive had no probs there
chicago bow hunters is xxxxxpensive to join but they have an exellent
facility ---- shoot is onmarch 26-7
check out the approppiate websites
Old 03-24-2005, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Sonny (Glisson's Archery) is different, but he has given me a lot of help over the years.

I'm a Board Member of Chicago Bowhunters Inc., in Bolingbrook. We offer 3-D shoots the end of every month (except during bowseason). It is a 30+ acre facility offering a 3-D broadhead course, field course, 15yd-80yd practice range, elevated stand range and an indoor 20yd range. The initial membership cost is pro-rated to when you join. Yearly dues are $150.00 every July 1st after that. That comes down to $12.50 a month or $2.89 a week, and for that you get a key which allows you 24 hour - 365 day year access. I think that's one of the best deals around. If interested click here... Chicago Bowhunters, Inc.

We are in talks right now to expand the indoor range by near double the size to allow indoor 3-D shoots, although I enjoy shooting outdoors no matter what the weather, and again this is only in the "talking" stage right now. We are always looking for new members. Stop out this weekend, March 26th and/or March 27th for our monthly 3-D shoot. $10.00 for non-members. $5.00 for members. I'll be there at around noon on Saturday if you would like to ask any questions or have a tour of the place.

-David Chesney

Quick Reply: Archery Club, Aurora, Ill

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.