Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Nebraska/SD Antelope Help

Old 01-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nebraska/SD Antelope Help

I'm in the process of trying to plan a trip in Nebraska/SD area (preferrabling in Neb., since it's closer to KS), for pronghorn. I've never hunted them, but was wandering if anybody had some good leads for public land or any info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Nebraska/SD Antelope Help

kshunter,

You might have more success slipping over to Wyoming-Laramie area in particular-not a lot further than Nebraska but has many more permits-they are fun to hunt and the meat is excellent smoked or jerked.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:12 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

If you want to go to SD, look into northern Butte and Harding counties. There are a lot of walk in areas that hold a good number of antelope. I think the SD game and fish website has a map of the walk in areas. You can also call them. Some of the areas get hunted fairly hard but it is most always weekends. If you could go during the week you likely woudn't see anyone else. If you want to pay to hunt there is a lot of opportunity for that also. You should be able to shoot a 14" goat on public ground without much trouble.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been thinking about it for a while now, but you know how that goes. I just need to plan it and get it done. My girlfriend loves to deer hunt, and she'll probably go with me. It's sounds like it would be a fun trip wherever we go. But it'll be a good days drive to wherever we go, and appreciate the recommendation you're giving. Thanks.