Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

U.P hunters success?

Old 10-25-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default U.P hunters success?

Was wondering how many guys had luck bowhunting so far fall?
Old 11-08-2004, 02:54 AM

Default RE: U.P hunters success?

Nothing yet. I see your from Lake Linden area. I'm originally from Calumet, but living in Ishpeming Twp now. Our hunting camp is in the Mud Lake area and will be up there next week. How's the deer sightings been up there? You are not by chance a relative of the Arctic Cat dealer in Lake Linden are ya?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

bownutty,

Deer sightings have been kinda low for me this year... i havent been able to get out scouting too much, but i know they are out there. Yep as a matter of fact im the Cat dealers son, and work here at the dealership. I noticed your last name is cygan...your not by chance Ken's son are ya? If so my dad and I, know your dad, and grandpa pretty good. Im going to be hunting out there off the mud lake road next week too, got permission to hunt a new chunk of land out there, and the buck sign does look pretty good..... Cant wait till monday!!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Luck to ya yoopers!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 AM

Yup, I'm am Ken's oldest son. My grandpa, Stan, will be out again this year at camp. Not too bad for a 93yr old guy who can't hear or see worth a darn. He still shoots straight though. I know where, I believe it is your dad, has a box blind on a two track a couple miles from the end of our property. Kind of north east of us. Have not been over that far in a few years, but know where your dad hunts. Are you hunting in that old burn or are you going to be in a different area? Of course you don't have to say, just curious. I am going to be bowhunting a few spots on and fairly close to our northern 40 during rifle season. And also just helping grandpa get to and from his blinds. He does not get around too well any more, so that is my voluntiered job. Hope I can still be at it at that age. By the way, what are those new 650 AC's selling for? May be looking at picking one up next fall.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

The blind northeast of your property is my granpa's stand. No i havent hunted the burnings in quite a few years, my grandma is still huting also and she hunts near the burnings. My dad and i used to hunt down the road from your property off the east side of the road back in by the mudlake creekbottom, but ever since they logged it along the edge of the river the deer numbers are down the last couple of years in that area. this year my dad and I will be hunting a mile west of your camp road the 80 acres that butts up to the hunting club property, off the south side of the road. The 650's are going for right around 7 grand...give or take a few $$$.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:19 AM

Hey Finner,

How's it going, any luck? I was up there from Sunday through Thursday. Man was it ever warm eh! There sure was not much for deer movement and I did not hear many shots around our camp. My brother finally got his first deer, a nice five point, at 33 years old on the 16th. I shot a six point on the 18th with my bow and it was the only deer I saw, but a really big bodied fella. My grandpa had seen two does while I was at camp, but have not heard since. The weather is supposed to cool off with snow, so that is always a good thing in that area for deer movement. Sure hope old gramps can shoot one more! I had to play doctor with him on Sunday. He shot his "06" before I got to camp and the scope bit him in the nose. It could have used probably 3 stitches, but he would not go in to the ER. Stubburn old fart! My bro and me cleaned him up and butterfly bandaged him up. He is going to have one hell of a scar! Good luck to ya during the rest of the season!
Old 11-22-2004, 09:37 AM

Well, it's a small world isn't it? I want to go to the UP on a bear hunt, but can't afford it... YET!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bownutty,

Oh its going but the hunting could be better, opening day i seen 5 does and small spike horn but passed on him. then on the 3rd day of season i seen a big boy but the fog was real thick that morning and he gave me the slip. My grandpa shot a small buck the first morning but other than that it was pretty slow witht the warm weather and all, most of the deer were moving at dark it seemed. hope your grandpa heals up...them scopes can do a good number trust me i know..lol. things are looking up for the end of the gun season with cold and snow coming hopefully. well good to hear you and your bro got a couple of bucks out of your camp, congrats!! Im in no real hurry to get a deer but my trigger finger is getting pretty itchy but i got till the 1st of jan...in hopes of taking a decent one. thanks bownutty can always use the luck on my side...lol...take care hey! and ill let ya know how i do the rest of the season.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:34 AM

Hey Finner, how did your season end up going? Any luck and/or good stories? Also, have a merry Christmas.

Quick Reply: U.P hunters success?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.