Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hunting Unlimited inc.

Old 08-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting Unlimited inc.

Heading out to western illinois in mt. sterling with hunting unlimited inc as my outfitter. I asked some question before, just wanted to know if anybody has went with him or heard anything about his operation.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Unlimited inc.

lou-lou;
I will be hunting with Larry at Hunting Unlimited this year again , this will be my 4th year in row hunting there. Dont worry you'll have a great time there...... and there are plenty of opportunities there. I believe I passed on 5 different bucks there last year waiting on a bigger one. Are you doing a self guided hunt or a fully Guided hunt?
www.huntingunlimitedinc.com
PS.... when your eating in the dinning room keep an eye on the vineyards.... I always see all kinds of deer and coyotes cruising the vinyards .... its fun to watch while you eat.
Have a great time
Old 08-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

link does not work lady forge
Old 08-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should have a great time, its great huning out there!! big bucks everywhere!
Old 08-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Typical Buck

going the first week of october this year, fully guided hunt, hope to get a crack at a 130 class deer up there. Are those realistic expectations lady forge? Any other info would be great to fire me up even more.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

lou-lou;
Those are realistic expectations...but remember there isnt a monster buck behind every tree.. remember to go with the attitude to hunt hard and hunt long..... go as scent free as humanly possible.. Just let the guides guide you they know their buisness, the guides spend alot of time scouting and videotaping and watching their area's to know where the bucks are and they know where to place the stands, I believe Larry puts out over 100 stands.... many of his guides have been with him for many years....take varying hunting clothing for a wide varity of weather conditions...if you are driving take large coolers to transport you deer meat back home in.... There is a gas station in Mt. Sterling not to far from hunting unlimited where you can check your deer in at...Look for the skull mount in the dinning room, that is a skull mount I did for my favorite guide at hunting unlimited, it was his first buck taken at hunting unlimited.

Last year I was waiting on a chance at 150 class 10 point with a droptine that was spotted by my guide when he came to pick me up in the field just down the hill from my stand.. he moved my stand closer to the bucks travel route to the field but all that was seen by me alas was does and smaller bucks, but I had decided I was only going to harvest a mature buck in the 140 and up class I will be there bowhunting the 2nd week in october with all the ladies. The accomidations come with frig's and full kitchens, so if you have any snacks or soda take them so you dont have to drive to town. Did you get one of Hunting Unlimited's video tapes? That will fire you up
Old 08-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Typical Buck

no not yet, but larry said he was sending out some paperwork to us to sign and return. I'm going there with an open mind, hopefully i'll get a crack at one of them. I'm going to bring larry some wine, i heard he likes it. Any other advice or info that you can come up with would be great, maybe will we cross paths up there.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

lou-lou;
Larry really likes a Cood Cabernet or a Quality Merlot, also a nice Chard or Pinot Grigio ..... that would be a nice suprise for him..... he also produces his own wines from the Chardonel grapes he grows in his vineyards. Phillyis his wife does all the cooking and she is a wonderful cook.
What date are you arriving and leaveing Hunting Unlimited?
Ill attach a few pics from Hunting Unlimited from my previous years hunts there.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

lou-lou;
Try the link below
http://community.webshots.com/user/ladyforge
It has more and larger view pics that may help to give you a better idea of what its like there.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

lou-lou;
I sent you a 2 part reply to your PM.