Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

illinois shotgun permits

Old 06-18-2004, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default illinois shotgun permits

Has anyone received their permit(s) or confirmed the issue status online yet?

What's the earliest date we can apply for additional permits?

My trigger finger is getting a bit itchy.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 06-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: illinois shotgun permits

I haven't received mine in the mail yet but have confirmed that I will be gettin them in the mail. But one of my friends applied online for his tag and something got screwed up and his name isn't in the system so he's gonna have to give the second lottery a try. And my g\f applied for a tag. Had it sent in on time and everything and her name doesn't come up when you try to access it in the confirmation system. I think they should be in the mail the next couple weeks. Only 5 months till gun season. A little over 4 months for bow!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

i havent got mine yet and it says that i didnt get one issued either so i might only be bowhunting this year[&:] is it to late to apply for another tag online?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

You can apply online for the second lottery now.

https://www.link2gov.com/il/deer/lottery.asp
Old 06-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

i tried looking mine up a week ago and nothing came up under my name so i hope nothing has screwed me over from shotgun hunting this year. i may be in the same boat as bwhunter and only bowhunting.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

i got my permit today
Old 06-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Make sure you type the EXACT same name when you enter it. It is kind of confusing sometimes in IL's site. Also, it does take up to 2-3 weeks for your name to show up. You can also call the state, and they'll know.

A couple years back I was applying for a Turkey permit. It was the first yeare they did the online drawing system. Well, I kept entering my info and nothing. Finally I called the state and they told me it would be a couple weeks. Then after a couple weeks I called again. Well, I was entering the info wrong.

J
Old 06-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

I applied for tags last night. Every county had tags remaining after the April 30 draw.

Just be patient. Illinois residents get two draws before any nonresidents get a chance. Their draw is in August.

Good luck-
Old 07-01-2004, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!

Just checked IDNR website. All 5 of our guys got just what we wanted. @ permits apiece-full season. "Bout time they got that site running right.

Now we just got to get 10 deer to "sign-up" for these permits. Any takers? Large rack bucks and fat does please step to the front!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 07-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES!!! just ckecked dnr and looks like im going to get my permits after all i got an antler-less and an either sex tag!! im so excited good luck to all you guys this up coming season!

Quick Reply: illinois shotgun permits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.