Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

new to missouri,where to hunt ?

Old 05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Spike

Default new to missouri,where to hunt ?

I just moved to kansas city,is there any good hunting any where close to there,or within reasonalble driving distance for deer or pheasant?I don't know anyone here yet,so I guess it will have to be public land.Help me get ready for this next season. thanks. sj [email protected]
Old 05-16-2004, 09:43 PM

Default RE: new to missouri,where to hunt ?

hELLO WHAT TYPE OF HUNTING ARE YOU WANTING TO DO. i LIVE ABOUT 90 MILES SOUTHOF kc MAYBE I CAN HELP OUT. I HUNT ALOT OF PUBLIC WITH A GREAT DEAL OF SUCCESS.

ZEUS TE BLKLAB
Old 05-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Spike

Hey Blacklab,Thanks.I like to hunt deer,dove,pheasant,you name it.The only problem right now is That my off days are sunday,monday,and tuesday.I work from 1330 to 2330 hrs for a security service.I would appreciate any info you can give me. sj
Old 05-17-2004, 04:45 PM

Go to the MO Dept. of conservation web page and pull up the counties aroung KC and they will list all the public land. I'm sure there is plenty up that way. I am from Joplin, MO and we have a pretty fair amount of public land around here. I know there is plenty of deer in the KC area. They might even do urban bow hunts there. I also think if you go drive the country and knock on doors you could probably find some small areas of private land. Good luck MO is a great state for deer and turkey hunting.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Spike

Hcurt,thanks.I have the MDC earmarked,but there is so many places that I don't know which ones to go to.How do I pick the right ones? I came from Texas,where there is very little public land.As for knocking on doors,that would get you no where in Texas unless you had about 5,000 dollars on you to haggle with.sj
Old 05-18-2004, 07:45 AM

First of all Welcome to the Show Me State.

As far as picking the right place to go the best thing to do IMO is to decide how far you are willing to drive and then scout the areas that are within your driving distance. I'll be driving over an hour away to some of the places I want to hunt this coming season. Good Luck.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:11 AM
Spike

Thanks Sapper,say,you didn't take your user name from sappers coming in under the wire at night did you?Boy,that was a long time ago.anyone know any decent places to start looking at do you? thanks a lot. sj
Old 05-18-2004, 09:55 AM

I don't know how good the public land is up around KC but I do know that there are a few places that are archery only. If you go to the MDC web site and click on the Conservation Atlas and then do a search by region or county and choose the KC region you get a list of the areas around KC. From there you can research each area and decide which ones you want to check out.

As far as my user name goes. I comes from a school I attended while I was in the Army. And yes I beleive the SAPPER School takes it's name from the Sappers that you refer to.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Spike

Sapper,I started pulling them up today and then looking them up on the website.I have about 7 so far that I want to check out,within about 60 miles of KC.

As to the other,I thought it might.As the old saying goes,been dere,done dat.but it was a long time ago,in another galaxy far far away.There are just some things you never forget. sj
Old 05-21-2004, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Jones I used to hunt strictly public land and if yopu go east of K.C. there is a lot of good public land. Sweet Springs has public land , Just east of lexington has public land, Marshell has public land , and Concordia has public land. Alot of those are archery only and are very quiet during rifle seseaon. Check them out on the MDC website. Then go out and check them out.

Quick Reply: new to missouri,where to hunt ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.