Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bow Hunting Champaign, IL area

Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I recommend buying from a pro shop and not on line. The one on one attention you'll receive from a quality pro shop is invaluable. You are going to need to have the bow set to your specific characteristics anyway. So, if you buy on line then take it to a pro shop they will charge you for their time so no real savings.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Spike

I would go to blue ridge back woods in Monticello they have payment plans and you can also bow hunt the land adjoins allerton park... bow hunted there a few years ago... not a bad spot to smoke a doe
Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Spike

As stated before get off the beaten path yes there are many hunters around Clinton lake but many will only walk a short distance to hunt the payoff there is to find a area where the walk in and out is longer than 1/4 mile. Just hunted at Moraine view St. Park today on the Youth Pheasant hunt and saw several stands in the woods and tons of deer sign. They allow them to stay up but archery is only open on Mon and Tuesdays due to the controlled pheasant hunting that goes on wed to sundays.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Spike

I didn't realize blue ridge would set up a payment plan, i'll keep that in mind. And thanks for the heads up on the little spots. I thought allerton was no hunt?ing? I'll have to look in to some of these places. Are these all lotteries? Id hate to spend a bunch of time scouting and only get 1 week to hunt it..
Old 01-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Spike

if your still in need of a bow? I have a mathews reezen 7.0 i am wanting to sell.