Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota Bucks

Old 07-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Minnesota Bucks

Anyone getting any nice ones on Trailcams yet this summer?
Old 07-09-2011, 04:50 AM
WCW
Spike

We live in West Central MN and I have seen at least 3 good sized bucks in the last three weeks. One has hung out in our grove for the last four years and last season he was a 12 pointer. I have never had a decent shot at him and am at the point that I doubt that I would take the shot if it presents itself. I am not one who is at all interested in trophies and figure he has some good genies to pass on. All our neighbors feel the same way
Old 07-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats awesome! I was getting some good ones early, but nothing in the last couple weeks.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
WCW
Spike

Last evening at bedtime I looked out and the big old buck was in one of the horse lots at a mineral block that is close to the security light. I know that he routinely jumps into that lot to clean up spilled grain, drink out of the trough and eat the salt. Last winter the deer were continually feeding off of the round bales stored close to the grove. Quite a few deer starved to death in this area due to the unusually hard winter so a number of them yarded up in the grove where they had ready access to the hay and grain we put out for them. Because the populations are down this year I hope that they will not issue doe permits in this county for the next few years.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Just a few small ones on the cam so far this summer in South East MN. This last winter I walked up on 10 dead deer while snowshoeing the woods. 3 were found dead at the base of round bales. I was starting to wonder if the hay was moldy and caused the deer to die? But here's to another hunting season !! Cant wait to climb up in my bow stand.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

10 dead deer?? Should have called the DNR. Thats crazy!