Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Question for you Wisconsin guys

Old 04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Question for you Wisconsin guys

This fall I would like to bowhunt Wisconsin. I have always loved the big woods setting and just about everything else about the badger state. I actually bowhunted up there several years ago in the Chequamegon National Forest near Park Falls. I would really like to hunt Wisconsin again this fall and wondered if any of you guys could steer me to a good area. It will be on my own so I have to go to public property. Obviously I don't want to go to a place with big crowds and would like a place with good deer densitys. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

public property in wisconsin is never full of bow hunters in columba county but during gun season there is one every twenty feet.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Spike

I would defenetely check out the tiffany wild life area in buffalo county. I gun hunt there and know there is allot of deer and some big bucks. You can find it on the WI DNR website. There are thousands of acres and its all river bottoms so it can get wet and thick in areas but I tell you what its great whitetail hunting.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

Hi Pastor Jim,
I do most of my hunting in Sothern Wisconsin, but do travel to the Northwoods occasionally... I have some friends who do quite well in Superior area. One guy I know has taken two deer that gross over 200 inches in that area. As I am sure your aware though, the population has been brought down in rexcent years making the hunt a little harder. If your goal is killing a big buck, I would abandon the bigwoods idea and concentrate on S.C. Wisc. public land... If its solitude and the thrill of the chase, the big woods should give you an excellent hunt.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bukmastr
Hi Pastor Jim,
I do most of my hunting in Sothern Wisconsin, but do travel to the Northwoods occasionally... I have some friends who do quite well in Superior area. One guy I know has taken two deer that gross over 200 inches in that area. As I am sure your aware though, the population has been brought down in rexcent years making the hunt a little harder. If your goal is killing a big buck, I would abandon the bigwoods idea and concentrate on S.C. Wisc. public land... If its solitude and the thrill of the chase, the big woods should give you an excellent hunt.
I agree, hunting on land in the central portion of Wisconsin is going to be more productive than heading north where the deer tend to be more scattered and harder to pattern. Find some Wisconsin hunting land in the central region that is adjacent to some agricultural land where the deer feed and it's much easier trying to pattern them and know where to put a stand. Good Luck!