Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois deer hunting in trouble??

Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Kid
Do you think they are overstating or understating?

The 98,700 is just the firearm total. Tack on another 55,000 or so archery kills. I suppose I believe the number. Not sure I understand why the IDNR would lie, but this is Illinois. If our Department of Natural Resources is going to lie to us about harvest numbers, then not much else matters, anyway. They are clearly going to do what ever they want. I hope it hasn't gotten that bad.
This is Illinois. You can call in a road kill, then take it to the taxidermy man. I believe there is so much of that going on. How many people don't even call in after they kill one? There is no state out there that is as crooked as this one.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JO BOO
I have access to several privately owned acres, and completely agree with the deer numbers are DOWN in central IL. Not sure if it is the knats in the spring, or the all the tags they keep offering.

The tags they keep offering.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jrfrmn
The tags they keep offering.
Exactly....