Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

MO Managed hunts

Old 07-16-2003, 09:43 PM

Default MO Managed hunts

How many Missouri deer hunters are applying for managed deer hunts and where? What kind of luck have you had in past managed hunts?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:19 AM

Default RE: MO Managed hunts

I went on the Pershing SP hunt last year and it was 2 years ago and it was awesome. It was some of the most fun my party and I have ever had. All of us killed our limits; we applied for it again this year and really hope to get drawn
Old 08-20-2003, 11:37 AM
Spike

I have signed up for the Archery Managed hunt in Weldon Springs for the first part of December hunt. This will be the 8th year in a row that some friends and myself have hunted out there. Always see deer and sometimes get shots, but I have yet to get one out there. Last year on the last day of the hunt I saw the biggest deer I have ever seen, but he stayed around 60-80 yards away and I could not get a shot. It was worth every second out there just to see him.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:53 PM

I put in for the columbia bottoms hunt. They didnt allow hunting last year so if by chance(slim) I get picked it could be a very good hunt. I have put in for hunts three times and have been picked once for Rockwoods Reservation. Hard place to hunt with only two parking lots so eveybody goes in the same place. Also horses on the trails all the time so you have to walk in quite a ways.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:37 PM

mcgyverit, I also put in for Weldon Springs every year and have good luck there, I have a spot in there that most people wouldnt ever think of hunting and I see deer every time I go. I usually put in for an early hunt in October and have always seen bucks. If I get drawn Ill post again and you can let me know if your going. Good Luck
Old 08-27-2003, 11:54 AM
Spike

Angus74,

If I get drawn I will definately go. Its only 15 minutes from my house! Have you taken any out of there since you have been hunting there? Last year I helped a friend of mine' s son find his button buck out there and gave him the honor of using my deer cart to haul it out. It was worth it to see how excited he was, first deer with a bow.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:19 PM

Ive filled my tag every time Ive been drawn, including a big forkhorn and a pretty nice eight pointer. I put in for the first hunt in Oct. 1-10. I also put in my nephew for a youth hunt Oct 25-26. I live a couple hours away, but until a week ago my mother lived close by, I may try to find a place to camp this year, if I get drawn.
Old 09-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Spike

I received my confirmation in the mail today that I am in the December Archery hunt out at Weldon Springs!!! This year I plan to take my oldest out hopefully if it isnt too cold.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:09 PM

Hey, I got mine too, Im going Oct 1-10. Need to get up there and scout out my spot. hope to get up there i n a week or two.