Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Deer Hunting Tactics...

Old 08-20-2003, 10:01 AM

Default RE: Deer Hunting Tactics...

Do a search for Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences. They have a pocket guide for field dressing deer. It is a nice picture description that will walk you thru the process.

Or you can just search the net for that topic and you will find some websites that will explain it.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:59 PM

I have to agree with previous posts! Stay there all day. Many other hunters will leave 11-12 for lunch and come back in 2-3 and they will probably have the deer moving. I think you should strongly consider getting a climbing stand. Prarie grass can be very tall and most blinds won' t let you see above it. You really need to be up in the air so you can see as much area as possible. Good luck and have a great hunt.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:06 PM

EJ, I live in wadsworth and work on the north shore. I say you hunt those darn ravines in lake bluff and Lake forest. I know you can' t , but wow have I seen some huge deer in your area. To bad hugh!