Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

North Dakota Bow Hunting

Old 05-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default North Dakota Bow Hunting

I am thinking of taking my two sons on a out of state hunt, to North Dakota. I am looking at the Cooperstown area. ( I have some relatives in the area). I am wonderingwhat the quality and quantity of public hunting land is in the area, andalso what are the chances oftaking a trophy Whitetail (of course.) Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:48 AM

Default RE: North Dakota Bow Hunting

Im wondering if North Dakota do you draw tags or are they over the counter my uncle is from there his parents have thousands of acres we go out there pheasant hunting every year and end up seening some dandy whitetails on there property
Old 05-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: North Dakota Bow Hunting

From what I gather from the North Dakota DNR website bowhunting tags can be purchased over the counter. I would just kind of like to know if there is much hunting pressure and what type of public hunting land they have. Looks like I might have to take a road trip sometime this summer.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

From what I know in north dakota technically speaking you don't ned to get permission to hunt private land as long as there are no crops in the field I have been told this by several people. I have never gone but second hand I have seen some nice velvet bucks come out of that area. but it all comes down to scouting