Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

KS Hunting Certificate

Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 AM

Default KS Hunting Certificate

1st post.

I'm an amateur hunter living in the Kansas City area. I haven't hunted in years and it was in Texas at the time. I'm interested in joining a Hunting or Sporting Club in the KC or surrounding area. Any suggestions?

My main question is that I had read a Hunter Education Course is required for anyone born after 1957 in order to Hunt on KS public land. Is that true?

Old 12-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: KS Hunting Certificate

I'm not sure about a hunting club in the KC area ( I know of shooting clubs but not hunting club). As far as hunter safety course requirement is concerned, yes you absolutely need it before hunting in KS.
The Missouri Dept of Conservation offers courses in the KC area fairly regularly, here is a link:

http://mdc.mo.gov/cgi-bin/heclass/search.cgi?region=Kansas%20City