Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri Legis. shoots down $$ increase

Old 12-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Missouri Legis. shoots down $$ increase

Someone posted awhile back about the increase in fees and the landowner requirements for tags - here's the latest:

JEFFERSON CITY (AP) -- The Conservation Commission is pulling a plan to charge more for hunting and fishing permits after being bombarded with sometimes angry comments from Missouri residents.
The commission voted Friday to rescind a proposed price hike for resident hunting and fishing permits. The proposal also called for requiring landowners to have 80 acres to be entitled to free deer and turkey permits. Currently, it only takes 5 acres to qualify for the free permits.
Conservation Department director John Hoskins said it wasn't a good time to make Missourians pay more to hunt and fish because of the national recession. But the proposed price increases for nonresidents still will go forward.
The Conservation Department received nearly 17,000 comments from 10,132 people during the 30-day public comment period.

[/align]
[/align]
Old 01-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri Legis. shoots down $$ increase

Glad to see the non-resident prices still go up but they could have went up even more if you compare MO to other out-of-state license fees. I had some little punk 15yr old kid from IL come youth hunt land a couple miles from me this yr and killed the 10point 140" deer that I have been watching since velvet so I say lay it to the out-staters.

He probably was a Cubs fan too......pathetic
Old 01-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Missouri Legis. shoots down $$ increase

As long as they pay for the tag and hunt ethically, I don't have a problem with non residents.

Spudrow from Mo