Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking for a place to take my dad up north to hunt.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default Looking for a place to take my dad up north to hunt.

Hello everyone. I am looking for somewhere to take my dad to hunt up north next year. We live in north Florida. He had a heart attack the monday before archery season started, but that still didn’t stop him. I had to put the two man stand out for himand I set up about 60 yards in my climber(just to be within ear and sight). We used to live in the Larchwood, Iowa area (close to where South Dakota, Minnesota, and Iowa converge)and that is where my dad first started hunting. We have talked about the difference in the size of deer between there and here for the past couple of years and we have kept saying that we are going to go next year. His heart attack hasjust made me want to do it as soon as we can. Ihave already startedsaving up. If there is anyone who has a place we might be able to hunt and can maybe talk us through the states tags and lic. steps it would be great. Oh, he has never taken a deer with a bow this was his second year bow hunting. We hunt public land as we have not been able to afford a private lease(we say it is because it is more challenging). Any help would be great.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a place to take my dad up north to hunt.

Eric,

I pm'd you my cell phone number. Give me a call if you are interested in Illinois next year. I believe Iowa would be tough to get into because of it being a draw state, you would probabally have to wait three years before you got drawn. Illinois is also a draw state, but the state loves money too much to turn anyone down, you I am certain you would be able to get in next bow season. I have ground available, you bring your dad, your bow and a climber. Give me a call after 4pm central time if you are interested.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Spike

That would be awsome. I will give you a call.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Eric,

I pm'd you my cell phone number. Give me a call if you are interested in Illinois next year. I believe Iowa would be tough to get into because of it being a draw state, you would probably have to wait three years before you got drawn. Illinois is also a draw state, but the state loves money too much to turn anyone down, you I am certain you would be able to get in next bow season. I have ground available, you bring your dad, your bow and a climber. Give me a call after 4pm central time if you are interested.
Your a hell of a man Jim!!! I have the utmost respect for you and after reading this post of yours there's no doubt In my mind that I'm spot on!! My hats off to you!

I hope It works out for you srgav1n! Best of luck!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

way to be kickin-buck! Great to see stuff like this going on! If that doesnt work out, I could get you some ground here in ohio I think. Only problem is I am off at school now.. And will be next year too. But I could be home a weekend to show you around then yall could hunt throughout the week.
-Jake