Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Blago closes parks, lays off 450 workers

Old 08-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Blago closes parks, lays off 450 workers

Yep, it has now reached the point that if i wanted to bow and gun hunt my own land for deer and turkey, i would have to shell out about 900 bucks in NR fees. And it is good to know that the money would be going for jogging trails and fixing potholes in Cook County.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:58 AM

SOLOCAMCAN
There is a Law called THE HUNTING HERITAGE ACT where the state cannot take away public hunting areas without replaceing it with other acreage it's called "NO NET LOSS PROVISION. So just because they layoff the help doesn't mean you can't hunt it.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

This guy has got to go, unfortunately, looks like where going to have to put up with him a little while longer unless someone can catch him taking bribes or something along those lines. I think we need to fight to hold on to what we have until we can get someone new in there. I wish we could just snap our fingers and have this sh*t head out of there. Man do I have this guy!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: EAZZY

SOLOCAMCAN
There is a Law called THE HUNTING HERITAGE ACT where the state cannot take away public hunting areas without replaceing it with other acreage it's called "NO NET LOSS PROVISION. So just because they layoff the help doesn't mean you can't hunt it.
Rules and laws do not apply to this scum sucking leech!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

next he will lease out State Parks to outfitters or only allow you to hunt if you vote for him

Probably shouldnt joke about it knowing him
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Yep, it has now reached the point that if i wanted to bow and gun hunt my own land for deer and turkey, i would have to shell out about 900 bucks in NR fees. And it is good to know that the money would be going for jogging trails and fixing potholes in Cook County.
Are you not eligible for non-residentland owner permits? I'm not sure, but i would think youshould be. As far as Rod goes, he has been raping Illinois Sportsman since he took office. As sad as this is, it is no real surprise. When your own party won't even mention your name at their nominating convention and thenominee is from your state, it speaks volumes.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

You gotta own 40 acres or more to qualify. I've only got 29 acres. I would like to see the regulations reformed so that Illinois is more like Ohio where one can hunt their own land for free no matter what the acreage. But, considering the price of NR permits, I don't see it happening.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

You gotta own 40 acres or more to qualify. I've only got 29 acres. I would like to see the regulations reformed so that Illinois is more like Ohio where one can hunt their own land for free no matter what the acreage. But, considering the price of NR permits, I don't see it happening.
Didn't realize there was a minimum acreage requirement. I agree there shouldn't be, but you're exactly right about Illinois needing as much NR money as it can get it's hands on. It goes back to what our Governor has been doing to the IDNR budget. I remember when this piece of work was campaigning down here (apparently, it was the first time he had ever been outside of Chicago!) he acted like he was going to be a "Sportsman friendly" Governor. We see how that turned out. If there is a God in Heaven, we won't have to put up with him after 2010. Sooner if we can get him impeached.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm emailing all of my friends and family who don't visit this site so they can be aware of what Rod is doing. The only solution is to get enough people awareof his activities. That can change the vote right there.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: lifesadrag

ORIGINAL: EAZZY

SOLOCAMCAN
Rules and laws do not apply to this scum sucking leech!
[

/I hear ya. and yes he could lease it out to an outfitter. The piece of S##t

Quick Reply: Blago closes parks, lays off 450 workers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.